15 secs through Ormiston Gorge

Reaction score
had some trouble with live video link last few days, basically flying blind, replaced the HDMI cable with a new one, still same problem - difficult to troubleshoot when it works when launching and goes to scrolling or green screen within a minute of a flight. eventually found that connection between HDMI cable and gimbal female connector was not tight enough, squeezed the female connector little bit with long nose pliers and it's all good again.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for the glimpse of Ormiston Gorge. I kept on staring at the water, it was so calm...

Nice trick on the quick little HDMI connector fix, hope it continues to work.

had some trouble with live video link last few days, basically flying blind, replaced the HDMI cable with a new one, still same problem - difficult to troubleshoot when it works when launching and goes to scrolling or green screen within a minute of a flight. eventually found that connection between HDMI cable and gimbal female connector was not tight enough, squeezed the female connector little bit with long nose pliers and it's all good again.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Pete

I absolutely love your videos. This is quality footage that I aspire to capture. So I am quite curious to know the technical side of you videoing this specific footage, e.g. what filter(s) was used? ND, ND/CP? and what GP settings? Also was a LUT applied in post or is raw footage? What time of day did you shoot? Looks like you're using the 3.80mm lens.

I think how you capture your subject in all your videos in terms of quality, clarity, exposure and composition etc. is pretty amazing. These are the qualities I'm strive to achieve.

Keep up the great work and keep those videos coming.

Cheers
Nikos

So I am quite curious to know the technical side of you videoing this specific footage, e.g. what filter(s) was used? ND, ND/CP? and what GP settings? Also was a LUT applied in post or is raw footage? What time of day did you shoot? Looks like you're using the 3.80mm lens.

Hi Nikos,

my settings are exactly as described here :
Suggested GoPro Settings for Solo

under the "very good" settings option.

I didn't use any ND filter in this case because once the sunlight left the gorge there wasn't that much light available anyway, this was taken some 20 minutes before sunset. I only put on CP filter to keep the gimbal in balance. yes 3.80mm lens.

in post processing I used the free GoPro LUT from Ground Control :
FREE GOPRO LUT

I have impaired colour vision so there is no point for me to do any fancy manual colour grading, I would just mess it up :)

Hi Nikos,

my settings are exactly as described here :
Suggested GoPro Settings for Solo

under the "very good" settings option.

I didn't use any ND filter in this case because once the sunlight left the gorge there wasn't that much light available anyway, this was taken some 20 minutes before sunset. I only put on CP filter to keep the gimbal in balance. yes 3.80mm lens.

in post processing I used the free GoPro LUT from Ground Control :
FREE GOPRO LUT

I have impaired colour vision so there is no point for me to do any fancy manual colour grading, I would just mess it up :)

'Colour-blind' hey? There definitely are no pink corners with the 3.80mm lens. If I'm correct you've had the lens profile removed from your GoPro? I bought the same lens a couple of weeks ago. Will install on the weekend and test. If I get any pink corners I'll have the lens profile remove remotely by Peau Productions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig