12v socket to Solo charger brick

Yes, with a cc/cv dc-dc converter. They cost less than 15 bucks and can charge faster than stock. There are several threads on the subject on here if you use the search tool and hunt for "cc/cv"

And on a different note my solo doesn't seem to charging my GoPro. It's dead and remains just as dead after the flight. It works while the solo is on but it doesn't charge up.

They stopped gopro charging a version or two ago. Now it only supplies enough power to only run the gopro while in use in solo, and not extra to charge it. You can actually remove the battery from the gopro if you wanted.

Your guess is as good as mine, but personally I'm glad. I don't want to waste flight time charging a gopro, even if the lost flight time is very small. I can charge them on my own. It could have to do with some gopros were overheating and shutting down. The batteries do get quite warm when charging, especially the older the battery is.

Reactions: Scientific11
my issue is that i have a new hero 4 black and when i turn solo it turns on the gopro, but once i get the app open the gopro turns off so i have to pick solo up and turn the gopro back on. but thats it. it works fine

Hey i was having problems overheating! And I haven't been having them for a while now! Good stuff.

Take the GoPro out of the solo and charge it with a USB charger. It will remain charged for a very long time. There are two power inputs on the GoPro bus connector. One charges the battery, the other just powers the camera. They're only supplying power to the power input. The GoPro will not use it's battery while on the Solo, so just charge it and leave it.

personally I'd rather the goPro used its own power and left all battery power to the drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks