Сontroller does not see solo

Hi Dimitry,

After pre-flight magnetic interference warning, I was mid flight today when my controller, app and solo lost connection. Amazingly the solo flew itself home and self landed.

After several attempts of turning off and on both controller and solo, along with attempts of resetting and pairing I was unable to establish any kind of wifi signal or solo / controller connection.

I reached out to 3DR and received this prompt response.

Hello Sean,

Thank you for contacting DR.
I apologize for the troubles you experienced.
Please continue to do a factory reset on the Solo to make sure that the Solo and controller are communicating the correct way.
I have attached a link on how to do the factory reset below:
Factory Reset | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

In case of any questions feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Miguel Carral
3DR Technical Support
Supporting you 24/7
(858)225-1414
(855) 982-2898

I was skeptical at first, but decided to follow the instructions again slowly and was able to re-pair the solo and controller connection.

I've since recalibrate everything and the system seems to be in normal working order; we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I hope this is helpful for you...

Reactions: Del
Finally! solo and paired controller, see each other, the program sees them each individually. But solo loud beeps, and can not be done "level calibration"

sent logs in 3DR service

Solo peeps! 0% indicates the battery and calibration can not be done!

I had this happen once since I've had Solo for about a month now. It was working great and I came in for a landing to change the battery out and it just wouldn't see solo any longer. I worked in the electronics industry for 15 years and a software engineer for about 10. I know how to troubleshoot stuff. Multiple hard resets of both controller/solo. Removed batteries from both, etc (which was key). Tried to force pairing, reset to factory etc. It took a number of times, probably 3-4, but it finally took.

No rhyme or reason as I had basically just been doing the same thing over and over. After the factory reset finally took hold, it updated both the controller and solo with the current firmware and things have been fine since. The next time I flew I got a notice that the gopro needed it's firmware updated to have full gopro control (what they call "full" right now, ahem), which was odd because it was already running the latest. Just turning solo off/on fixed that. No problems since for about 2 weeks now.

Stick with it - it's worth it.

Reactions: Sean Newhouse
I helped this! Thanks to all!

From Tower App
1.- Follow the steps shown.
2.- Open the menu and go to Parameters.
3.- Once you area at the parameters section search for the SYSID_SW_MREV parameter.
4.- When you find it please select the number written to the right of the parameter name, delete it and write a "0" (Without quotation marks).
5.- Once you have changed the parameter go to the upper-right part of the screen and select the three dot icon.
6.- On that drop down list please select Upload Parameters.
7.- Finally turn off your Solo and then turn it back on.
*Please make sure to do both level and compass calibrations after doing the reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc