WiFi turning off

Reaction score
Relatively new to the whole drone thing. Friend had a Solo and after watching what he could do, I bought one. Took me awhile to get a GoPro mounted to it, but I finally did. Had no camera control, but thanks to this site, discovered the firmware was old. Updated to 3.0 and camera control is working. The problem I am having now is, the wifi on my phone keeps turning off once I start flying. Using a Samsung Note 8 currently, but thinking I can borrow ;) my wife's Ipad mini. Thoughts?

[QUOTE="Wizbangdoodle, post: 132363, member: 14483. ..Relatively new to the whole drone thing. Friend had a Solo and after watching what he could do, I bought one. Took me awhile to get a GoPro mounted to it, but I finally did. Had no camera control, but thanks to this site, discovered the firmware was old. Updated to 3.0 and camera control is working. The problem I am having now is, the wifi on my phone keeps turning off once I start flying. Using a Samsung Note 8 currently, but thinking I can borrow ;) my wife's Ipad mini. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
Are u flying in an area with alot of wifi activity .try flying out in an area where there is no wifi...also make sure u change ur wifi password so its locked

[QUOTE="Wizbangdoodle, post: 132363, member: 14483. ..Relatively new to the whole drone thing. Friend had a Solo and after watching what he could do, I bought one. Took me awhile to get a GoPro mounted to it, but I finally did. Had no camera control, but thanks to this site, discovered the firmware was old. Updated to 3.0 and camera control is working. The problem I am having now is, the wifi on my phone keeps turning off once I start flying. Using a Samsung Note 8 currently, but thinking I can borrow ;) my wife's Ipad mini. Thoughts?
Are u flying in an area with alot of wifi activity .try flying out in an area where there is no wifi...also make sure u change ur wifi password so its locked[/QUOTE]

We are out in the boonies, so no, there is almost no wifi out here. I'll check the password, but I'm not sure how that can cause the wifi on my phone to turn off.

[QUOI can thE="Wizbangdoodle, post: 132379, member: 14483"]Are u flying in an area with alot of wifi activity .try flying out in an area where there is no wifi...also make sure u change ur wifi password so its locked[/QUOTE]

We are out in the boonies, so no, there is almost no wifi out here. I'll check the password, but I'm not sure how that can cause the wifi on my phone to turn off.[/QUOTE]
All i can think of is to try a diff device...and if anyone knows about a solo they can tap into ur wifi by just putting in sololink.. so change that just to be safe...fly safe my friend

You may have a loose SD card, also make sure you controller ant's are pointing down and outward

May be turning off because it doesn't see internet available. Look for related options in the settings of your phone. Just an idea

Antennas down? That seems odd. Goes against everything I've heard about antennas.
As a professional wireless guy, I struggle with this too. In my mind, given that antennas are cheap omnidirectionals, whether they are up or down will be largly irrelevant to actual antenna pattern. But I can see where down tilt (not straight down) can perhaps get the antenna out away from the tablet which might otherwise create some detriment if the antennas are directly next to it. Just my opinion.

Reactions: jonbrotherton
As a professional wireless guy, I struggle with this too. In my mind, given that antennas are cheap omnidirectionals, whether they are up or down will be largly irrelevant to actual antenna pattern. But I can see where down tilt (not straight down) can perhaps get the antenna out away from the tablet which might otherwise create some detriment if the antennas are directly next to it. Just my opinion.
Makes perfect sense. The device has it's own WiFi connection so moving the ducks away sure can't hurt. The down and each pointed outward at a 15° angle is the recommended in the manual. They even sell a holder that snaps over the antennas to hold that position. I printed one but always forget to use it. Same for the paddles. Logo facing out pointed down at 15° for whatever thats worth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44