Wifi Mod complete

Reaction score
Will upload a test

2800 ft

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Here's a test video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Maybe i missed it, but what was max distants before & after installing WIFI cards?
I got 100+% in cress by doing radio patch By @Ian [P13]
Thanks
before host file = 500ft
after host file = 700ft
wifi card = 1 miles
wifi card alpha antenna = 1.6 miles
all of this was tested in an urban wifi congested area with power lines and lots of interference.

also , i only went out 1 mile and still had great signal but didnt want to go out further
i know for sure that in a plain field i get better results

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
before host file = 500ft
after host file = 700ft
wifi card = 1 miles
all of this was tested in an urban wifi congested area with power lines and lots of interference.

also , i only went out 1 mile and still had great signal but didnt want to go out further
i know for sure that in a plain field i get better results
That's awesome im waiting for my cards til monday i have amps and fpvlr i wonder how good this results will come out once all is adjust to solo and controller, thanks fpr the video i see you have a lot of congestion cables and perform pefectly thats nice

Like @3zr01 said, we need to see how WiFi congested area's work with our setups. I'm completely stock, except for host file & at beach today I got 2800 over water. I'm sure I will get less at home.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

most likely going to do the cards at some point, did the config mod. In a very congested area I got 123 meters out and 45 meters high before I lost signal

before host file = 500ft
after host file = 700ft
wifi card = 1 miles

i know for sure that in a plain field i get better results[/QUOTE]

What cards did you use?

Hey all, I'm curious after doing the WiFi card update to the Solo and the Controller.... when there is a system update do you just do it with your new mods? Or do you swap everything back to stock to avoid bricking the Solo? Thanks!

Hey all, I'm curious after doing the WiFi card update to the Solo and the Controller.... when there is a system update do you just do it with your new mods? Or do you swap everything back to stock to avoid bricking the Solo? Thanks!
No way to know that for sure, but so far the new cards use the same drivers as the old, so there is no need to change anything out....

Thanks Earl, is it a similar situation with the GPS mod?
That one may be a little different. I haven't done that and so I am not sure. Since that is easier to get at and (after the mod) is just a connector, I would probably swap that back on updates, but that is just me. If you search here or on the Solo Mod Club FB group, there are several that have done it, and can advise better on that.

That one may be a little different. I haven't done that and so I am not sure. Since that is easier to get at and (after the mod) is just a connector, I would probably swap that back on updates, but that is just me. If you search here or on the Solo Mod Club FB group, there are several that have done it, and can advise better on that.
Makes sense, thanks for your help Earl!

Thank You! I know they are hard to find right now as everyone is either on back order or out of stock with no information on restocking? There are some on eBay or out of Germany but not sure of the source! I think Microtik has the newest card R11e-2hpnd but it looks like the heat shroud is not low profile and lot sure if they can be replaced with a different shroud?? I will keep looking or if anyone knows more information on the new card please chime in!

R11e-2HPnD Mikrotik 802.11b/g/n High Power MiniPCIe card - 1000mw output Atheros AR9580 chipset - New!

I have updated with both wifi card and GPS mods done. No problems encountered.

Thank You! I know they are hard to find right now as everyone is either on back order or out of stock with no information on restocking? There are some on eBay or out of Germany but not sure of the source! I think Microtik has the newest card R11e-2hpnd but it looks like the heat shroud is not low profile and lot sure if they can be replaced with a different shroud?? I will keep looking or if anyone knows more information on the new card please chime in!

R11e-2HPnD Mikrotik 802.11b/g/n High Power MiniPCIe card - 1000mw output Atheros AR9580 chipset - New!
just be careful as there are two different chipsets ! theres a low powered version..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44