Wifi card upgrade

I would suggest to only put one in the controller.....not the drone itself........guys at mRobitics.io indicated that putting one into the drone may lead to brownout or burnout of the im6x.processor.......call them with questions concerning......they indicated this to me the day I visited them here in San Diego......they are located just south of San Diego in Chula Vista.......great bunch of guys.....ex-employees of 3dr Robotics.... these are the guys that will fix your drone when it is out of warranty...also these are the guys with the plug & play GPS upgrade......

mRobotics – UAV, Robotics and Top-Notch Electronics

Reactions: speatuk
Thanks guys.
I was only going to do the controller anyway.
This is a good enough excuse not to do the solo.
Don't want a brownout.
Thanks again.

-Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still may want to contact them to discuss & formulate your opinion...they convinced me no to do the drone......to replace the im6 processor is costly.....$150-200 repair.....

I installed in the controller and in the solo flight of a great!

You still may want to contact them to discuss & formulate your opinion...they convinced me no to do the drone......to replace the im6 processor is costly.....$150-200 repair.....

Blige,

What was the reasoning behind changing the IM6.

What are the consequences?

What are the benefits?

Many thanks

-Steve

Blige,

What was the reasoning behind changing the IM6.

What are the consequences?

What are the benefits?

Many thanks

-Steve

I think Bilge may have misunderstood the Tech,?
These CARDS are in EXACT specifications as the originals.
The higher TX isn't addressable, so not over heating anything.
presently the REC part of these cards are better then originals, but no extra heat from this.
100's of people updated Solo & Controller with these cards.
What you need to focus on is the proper way to complete installation.
You can do one or both, depending on your skills.
All this being said, the performance isn't GREAT, but minor differences in Video reception & distance & more consistent operation.

Hope this helps

I think Bilge may have misunderstood the Tech,?
These CARDS are in EXACT specifications as the originals.
The higher TX isn't addressable, so not over heating anything.
presently the REC part of these cards are better then originals, but no extra heat from this.
100's of people updated Solo & Controller with these cards.
What you need to focus on is the proper way to complete installation.
You can do one or both, depending on your skills.
All this being said, the performance isn't GREAT, but minor differences in Video reception & distance & more consistent operation.

Hope this helps

Thanks Steve.

I think I only need to do it out of "safety net syndrome"

Only going to do the controller, got the alphas and the Mro.

I'm a bit of a belt and braces man.

I have been reading, avidly, and I think when I have upgraded the wifi card I will be happier.

I know I will probably never need the extra distance, but, it's nice to have the option.

Thanks again

-Steve

Reactions: SteveReno
Thanks Steve.

I think I only need to do it out of "safety net syndrome"

Only going to do the controller, got the alphas and the Mro.

I'm a bit of a belt and braces man.

I have been reading, avidly, and I think when I have upgraded the wifi card I will be happier.

I know I will probably never need the extra distance, but, it's nice to have the option.

Thanks again

-Steve

Sure thing!

Good luck.

Reactions: speatuk
SteveReno,

Might behoove you to call mRobotics.io to discuss what I was referring to......

BestBuy's sell-off has me as a new Solo flyer. Tinkering, its addictive! I waited and did all my upgrades at once. Added a Relish3D HDMI cable, Neo-M8N GPS upgrade, and the two R11e-2HnD cards (one in the controller, one in the Solo). Tried it all for the first time today out over a frozen lake with stock antennas. Flying at about 130ft I got out to 3200 feet and still had good video and two bars. I'm used to flying a Phantom II so the black Solo makes a much nicer contrast against the background sky than does a white Phantom, way easier to keep in sight even that far out.

Next I'll have to try a similar flight with the Rexuav antenna on the controller.

Btw: The GPS mod. is also impressive - went from 8-9 satellites to 18.

Reactions: Travelfox
BestBuy's sell-off has me as a new Solo flyer. Tinkering, its addictive! I waited and did all my upgrades at once. Added a Relish3D HDMI cable, Neo-M8N GPS upgrade, and the two R11e-2HnD cards (one in the controller, one in the Solo). Tried it all for the first time today out over a frozen lake with stock antennas. Flying at about 130ft I got out to 3200 feet and still had good video and two bars. I'm used to flying a Phantom II so the black Solo makes a much nicer contrast against the background sky than does a white Phantom, way easier to keep in sight even that far out.

Next I'll have to try a similar flight with the Rexuav antenna on the controller.

Btw: The GPS mod. is also impressive - went from 8-9 satellites to 18.
Would love to see the clips! ;)

@speatuk Did you order from that company? Wondering what your experience was. I just went through their order process and it was a little strange. It placed my order and the site gave me sales rep's name and photo but I haven't even paid yet. Not sure if I should pay until I get an email or something.

@speatuk Did you order from that company? Wondering what your experience was. I just went through their order process and it was a little strange. It placed my order and the site gave me sales rep's name and photo but I haven't even paid yet. Not sure if I should pay until I get an email or something.

I ordered them directly from here.

MikroTik R11e-2HnD now 15% off RouterBOARD MiniPCI-e MMCX R11e-2HnD

Only took 2 days for delivery

Yes same with me. I got that picture too. Think it is just to show you they are a pukka company as they give you the guy who is seller to you. And all his contact numbers.

I took a screen print of it

Place your order they are legit.

6af267a36c0e8de809ceeb8f32c73b02.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44