Wifi card upgrade

SteveReno,

Might behoove you to call mRobotics.io to discuss what I was referring to......
mRobotics was talking about increases in TX power via New Driver can/would cause more heat, But since no one i know has developed any Drivers to do this, no need to worry.
I been here for a long time & never heard of a single problem with these card. mRobotics hasn't done any R&D on these cards as much had we have.

Hope this help

Reactions: budokaiboy
Would love to see the clips! ;)

It is real boring but here is a cut-down, sped up version of that flight. My original intent was to make the flight with the stock antennas and then repeat with the Rexauv but it was so late in the day before I got started that it was too dark by the time I finished the first flight.
I will do the two such flights one of these days.

BestBuy's sell-off has me as a new Solo flyer. Tinkering, its addictive! I waited and did all my upgrades at once. Added a Relish3D HDMI cable, Neo-M8N GPS upgrade, and the two R11e-2HnD cards (one in the controller, one in the Solo). Tried it all for the first time today out over a frozen lake with stock antennas. Flying at about 130ft I got out to 3200 feet and still had good video and two bars. I'm used to flying a Phantom II so the black Solo makes a much nicer contrast against the background sky than does a white Phantom, way easier to keep in sight even that far out.

Next I'll have to try a similar flight with the Rexuav antenna on the controller.

Btw: The GPS mod. is also impressive - went from 8-9 satellites to 18.
I got Maddog's LED lights and they are really bright!! I went for those instead of the polar pro's. I also did the Neo-M8N and went from 3 minutes of waiting for 7 satellites to 7 satellites instantaneously and eventually 12. I too bought mine during the Best Buy sale. I have 2 P3S's and a P4 Pro.

I guess that because you did all of your mod's at once you can't tell how much of a difference the wifi mod made?

@speatuk - just to confirm, you only replaced the wifi card in the controller not the solo, correct?

Have you noticed any difference? I'm considering doing the same...

I got Maddog's LED lights and they are really bright!! I went for those instead of the polar pro's. I also did the Neo-M8N and went from 3 minutes of waiting for 7 satellites to 7 satellites instantaneously and eventually 12. I too bought mine during the Best Buy sale. I have 2 P3S's and a P4 Pro.

I guess that because you did all of your mod's at once you can't tell how much of a difference the wifi mod made?
I can tell that the WiFi mod. made a huge difference. Originally I replaced the card in the controller only and tried that. It made an undetectable amount of difference. OTOH I did not expect that it would make any difference but since it was easy to try, I did! In theory it would allow you to get your signal out further but would do nothing for getting a signal back from the craft to the controller.

I then replaced the Wifi card in the Solo and that is when I started getting better range.

I have two Solos, this one that has everything replaced (HDMI cable, GPS, WiFi cards) and a stock one that has nothing replaced. I can fly the one with the replaced Wifi using the stock antennas further out than I want or need, right to the edge of what I can see (which is what I did out over the pond) and have excellent signal. Last week I went back to that same pond with the non-modified Solo but was using the Alfa antennas on the controller. I did not go quite as far (I only went 2200 feet) because the signal was dropping into the red.

It had been my plan to do multiple flights while I was there, using the unmodified Solo while trying different antennas (stock, the Alfa, and a Rexuav) but it was so cold my fingers talked me out of it after that one flight. Plus this thing intermittently refuses to fly due to "Level Calibration" errors (and it won't do the calibrate .. argh).

I can tell that the WiFi mod. made a huge difference. Originally I replaced the card in the controller only and tried that. It made an undetectable amount of difference. OTOH I did not expect that it would make any difference but since it was easy to try, I did! In theory it would allow you to get your signal out further but would do nothing for getting a signal back from the craft to the controller.

I then replaced the Wifi card in the Solo and that is when I started getting better range.

I have two Solos, this one that has everything replaced (HDMI cable, GPS, WiFi cards) and a stock one that has nothing replaced. I can fly the one with the replaced Wifi using the stock antennas further out than I want or need, right to the edge of what I can see (which is what I did out over the pond) and have excellent signal. Last week I went back to that same pond with the non-modified Solo but was using the Alfa antennas on the controller. I did not go quite as far (I only went 2200 feet) because the signal was dropping into the red.

It had been my plan to do multiple flights while I was there, using the unmodified Solo while trying different antennas (stock, the Alfa, and a Rexuav) but it was so cold my fingers talked me out of it after that one flight. Plus this thing intermittently refuses to fly due to "Level Calibration" errors (and it won't do the calibrate .. argh).
Thanks! I think that based on what you're saying, I'm going to do the WiFi upgrade. I have the fpvlr antenna, so that will round out the mods.

I ordered them directly from here.

MikroTik R11e-2HnD now 15% off RouterBOARD MiniPCI-e MMCX R11e-2HnD

Only took 2 days for delivery

Yes same with me. I got that picture too. Think it is just to show you they are a pukka company as they give you the guy who is seller to you. And all his contact numbers.

I took a screen print of it

Place your order they are legit.

6af267a36c0e8de809ceeb8f32c73b02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you happy with upgrading controller wifi only?
Do you plan on doing the drone?

I did both.
Very happy.
Not that much difference doing just the controller. Marked improvement, sorry massive improvement doing both.

wow, good links guys thanks. Those card's are $10 cheaper than the site I was looking at before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela