Who here is going to bail??

They are out there go get one.

I think you are missing the point of my issue. :)

Its about being tied to a company that does not do what they say. They have not followed through or completed one single thing since I ordered two months ago.

I just called them and they could not give me any info. I told them to cancel the order and they said they can't do that because its already shipped but they do not have any tracking numbers......

So if the gimbal follows how the Solo worked out it will probably be another two months before I have a machine capable of shooting video.

I have a charity event that I volunteered to film in July. I would like 4k for that so might end up buying a P3 just to get the job done.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Time to call your CC company if you really want to cancel the order. I'm sure they would have no problem returning your money once you explain how 3DR has misled you.

They are up on Best Buy Online again. I just went to Best Buy on Sunday and picked one up. They are out there go get one.
Not that easy for him. He's standing on his convictions if ya look at his situation I cant say I blame him either!

I'm still gonna hold out for my Solo. If they don't get it shipped in the next couple of days I will buy from a retailer rather than bail on the company completely. I have seen posts from those who are cancelling or waiting to buy based on 'all the problems' people are having. But when I look at the actual #s it doesn't hold up. It now appears that there are between 1,000 & 2,000 units in the field. Between here and RCG it is difficult to find more than a handful of users having a problem. It is also a fact that the vast majority of users are not a member of any forum and the #s can be higher or lower than what is on any boards. ABut only 3DR would have actual #s. I still believe that the failure rate is probably less than 5% with a good amount of those being user errors from 1st time pilots.

I own an electronics company that provides high end electronics to police departments. We have an extremely low return rate but over 80% of the product returned there is nothing wrong, but was instead user error or changes made in the settings.

Reactions: AmosMoses
A handful of of users having problems? Check out RC Planet, and the Solo Owners on FB. I took sometime last night going thru the FB pages. I found over 60 people who were having the same issues I did with the App and even more. Bricked transmitters, bricked Solo's, resetting issues. I was one of 3DR number one's fan until this crap started happening.

I think you are missing the point of my issue. :)

Its about being tied to a company that does not do what they say. They have not followed through or completed one single thing since I ordered two months ago.

I just called them and they could not give me any info. I told them to cancel the order and they said they can't do that because its already shipped but they do not have any tracking numbers......

So if the gimbal follows how the Solo worked out it will probably be another two months before I have a machine capable of shooting video.

I have a charity event that I volunteered to film in July. I would like 4k for that so might end up buying a P3 just to get the job done.

So its shipped and the can't give you a tracking number?:mad:

A handful of of users having problems? Check out RC Planet, and the Solo Owners on FB. I took sometime last night going thru the FB pages. I found over 60 people who were having the same issues I did with the App and even more. Bricked transmitters, bricked Solo's, resetting issues. I was one of 3DR number one's fan until this crap started happening.
Like any product, the majority of anyone taking the time to write will always be those having problems, not the ones out flying and enjoying what they bought. You personally counted 60? I guess my estimate is still good. But thanks for taking the time to count. Sorry that you are having an issue, when mine comes in, I may very well have the same issue, but it won't mean that the vast majority of users are not having a problem and out flying. That is all I was saying. An I see now an update for Andorid is already out this afternoon and the Apple version is waiting for Apple's blessing. I hope that get's you going. Fly safe..

Thanks but it won't, mine has already been returned to BB. I did not want to take a chance on crashing or having a flyaway.

I find it amazing that people who already have other quads would wait, wait, wait and then decide to bail. What are you gaining by leaving? What are you losing by waiting? Currently nothing is different at this point in time on your quad flying agenda. I'm almost happy that I still haven't received my solo yet because reading the stories of what's going on with the folks who already have theirs will give me insight on what to expect once mine does arrive.

I emailed DroneFly once, they called me back with answers to the info I requested and that's enough for me. Honestly, I'd prefer the entire package (Drone + Gimbal) arrive rather than get it in pieces anyway. Am I anxious, of course. I'm I inpatient, not in the least. We'll take to the field and fly what we have until Solo arrives.

My opinion is this: The first folks who got their Solo before the retailers, probably got them by mistake or because they got them free to generate a little buzz because most likely there were/are contractual stipulations in place that state that the big box stores get theirs first and BB being the biggest box store among those listed by 3DR.

Oh well.. we'll see what happens. I was on the fence between the Solo and the P3. I knew I could have had the P3 in a matter of days. I knew the release of the Solo was going to be big and I knew that dates would most likely get pushed a couple of times. I expected these things to happen but I ordered anyway and I ordered late in the process, like mid to late may. If the P3 had any of the features (Follow Me, Cable Cam, Orbit) that Solo has and could execute them with the ease that Solo does I would have ordered a P3 without hesitation.
Good points. My biggest plus for the Solo (which I haven't ordered yet) is that it carries the mighty GoPro, which with a modified lens is far better than any of the drone cameras out there.

Thanks but it won't, mine has already been returned to BB. I did not want to take a chance on crashing or having a flyaway.
So you're just going to hang around and bash on 3DR? Not being a smart ass but isn't that what you're doing now?:confused:

Like any product, the majority of anyone taking the time to write will always be those having problems, not the ones out flying and enjoying what they bought. .

This is true however I still feel the mix is quite high. The forums are full of guys wanting to get on and say I got mine and this the greatest thing ever. (This includes me). But even those guys are struggling with updates, HDMI feeds and random app quirks.

Part of this could be because of poor documentation. I read a reply where a 3DR support person says after your controller says "update complete" you need to wait up to 5 minutes as the actual Solo has not updated. Uh really? That's not exactly what I thought update complete means. LOL

My issue is 3DR. Not the bird.

They don't have tracking information although its shipped. They were going to make a note and call me when they did. Today or tomorrow AM at the latest.

We shall see. Starting to feel a lot like DJI to me. Just more expensive ;)

So you're just going to hang around and bash on 3DR? Not being a smart ass but isn't that what you're doing now?:confused:

No, I'll hang around to see if they work the issues out. Believe me, I'll get another one.......about 2 months after they finally release the gimbal

Reactions: AmosMoses
Part of this could be because of poor documentation. I read a reply where a 3DR support person says after your controller says "update complete" you need to wait up to 5 minutes as the actual Solo has not updated. Uh really? That's not exactly what I thought update complete means. LOL

True, however if you follow the instructions on the transmitters screen it does say something to the effect it will take 5 minutes to complete and it does make a couple tunes when it is really done. That part I had no issues with

I certainly understand your frustartaion and glad you were able to take it back. Just a word of advise though, I have been flying RC since 1984 and MRs for about the last 3 and there is nothing out there that you can fly if "did not want to take a chance on crashing or having a flyaway" is something you are trying to avoid.
Be Safe..

No, I'll hang around to see if they work the issues out. Believe me, I'll get another one.......about 2 months after they finally release the gimbal
Glad to hear! We all just need to sit back and let this mess calm down I think. Me personally, I have only flown 2 batteries with mine. Not exactly having a blast with my $1000 either but it's not going in the air until I have more confidence in it. Is what it is I guess.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
Wow, I've seen no where near the numbers you are claiming, but then posts are being removed from the FB page quickly. Any negativity is challenged by the FB page owner, and now by a couple of the 3DR employees. I find it bad PR for a 3DR engineer (Philip Rowse) to show the confrontational attitude he does on that list. Bad PR to have 3DR act in the role of forum moderator, and it is reaching that point.

As for me, I'm returning mine to BB on Friday, but will wait until my original order arrives and see if the 2nd Solo gives me problems.

I certainly understand your frustartaion and glad you were able to take it back. Just a word of advise though, I have been flying RC since 1984 and MRs for about the last 3 and there is nothing out there that you can fly if "did not want to take a chance on crashing or having a flyaway" is something you are trying to avoid.
Be Safe..
+1 I have many years under my belt with RC stuff too. I member the day my Losi 5t had a "fly away" right into a tree when a servo failed. IT HAPPENS!! LOL!

Reactions: Raybro
This is true however I still feel the mix is quite high. The forums are full of guys wanting to get on and say I got mine and this the greatest thing ever. (This includes me). But even those guys are struggling with updates, HDMI feeds and random app quirks.

My issue is 3DR. Not the bird.

They don't have tracking information although its shipped. They were going to make a note and call me when they did. Today or tomorrow AM at the latest.

We shall see. Starting to feel a lot like DJI to me. Just more expensive ;)
I hope it shows up in the next day or 2 for you. I know what you are going through, but feel you you write well and make excellent posts in trying to help others. I would love to see you continue with a Solo in hand. Before the Solo, 3DR was known for fast fixes and excellent product. And they have already released updates for the Solo. It's obvious that they got caught with their pants down and more demand than they forecast by a large margin. But you have to think that much of that demand was because of their reputation and good product. I just wished they had done a better job with the rollout!

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Be Safe..

I know what you mean, I started out at 12, that was 40 years ago. Got into MP about 2 years ago. Gone thru P1, P2, Inspire and now back to a P2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado