What is your typical flight altitude - POLL

What altitude do you typically fly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Answer your most typical choices up to 2.

I'm looking forward to learning this as I like to fly low

It really depends on what I'm doing. Photos, video, survey mission, etc... They all require different altitudes.

Reactions: cameraguy
Not being critical, or trying to design my flight like every poll supporter. I don't have anyone I fly with, so I was interested what people thought about their flight plans and at what altitude they flew at.

My low flight is pretty risky, was more stuff to hit than if you were a 300-400 type of flyer. I've hit two trees already, cost me some props, and I think I might be flying too low.

Just trying to learn really

I wasn't being critical either. Just curious. If I have a job or mission, I fly at what is required to accomplish the task. If I'm just going out to buzz the field for fun, I leave the tablet off and just fly around old school, about 10-50'.

I tend to fly s bit of the high side, as there are few tall trees and some neighbors with 3 floor housing on a broken terrain. I guess this gives me a better chance to survive an unwanted close encounter!.

Varies a lot for me but typically between 40' and 120'. I fly a lot over a lake with just a few 90' tree stands on the shoreline.

So far, most of my flying is from 50 to 200'. But even then a good deal is less than 50'. It all depends on the weather, the mission, etc. I was out yesterday flying in 20+ gusts. I don't think I got over 50', I'll run the logs tonight. Not sure how accurate they will be though, the pressure must have been all aver the map. Solo had a rough time with altitude holding.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus