What are you using as your tablet? - Another Poll

What type of Tablet are you using?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Using an IPad6.
I have a Galaxy Tab3 kicking around. Anyone use them? Any issues? It has a larger screen as well.
Hesitant to try it as I have had no problems with the iPhone.

I use an iPhone 6s+ which screen size wise is fine - it's just very difficult to see in bright conditions. Currently looking for a Nexus 7 Gen 2 (2013) for it's screen brightness and larger size. I have a Samsung S5 for Tower and other functionality in the App that isn't in the iOS App.

I use an iPhone 6s+ which screen size wise is fine - it's just very difficult to see in bright conditions. Currently looking for a Nexus 7 Gen 2 (2013) for it's screen brightness and larger size. I have a Samsung S5 for Tower and other functionality in the App that isn't in the iOS App.
I got mine at Amazon.:)

Reactions: Jon6565
I use a Nexus 7 and ipad mini. The nexus I have Tower loaded (although I have only used that once). I use the ipad mini for FPV flying because the screen is clearer and bigger.
I find overall I use the Nexus 7 more. It just seems to work better and I state that with no objective reasoning.
I played around with my Samsung Galaxy View which is an 18" mega tablet. I flew around my yard using it FPV. It was like a video game, fun, but totally not portable or practical.

Reactions: cameraguy
is one better than the other? it depends. because apple is locked down, ipads tend to be more stable when it comes to software. but if you want to be able to do 'more' then that's were the androids win. also most androids have gps, whereas wifi only ipads don't.

i run both the ipad air 2 and the samsung galaxy tab s 8.4. i use the tab s more than i use the ipad air 2 when it comes to solo. and if i had to pick only one it would be the tab s.

Asus ZenPad bought this as it has a SIM slot so I can load maps. Also use my iPhone 6S Plus if I forget to bring my ZenPad!

Ipad Mini 2
Samsung Tab S 8.4

I have the droid for running Tower, otherwise I prefer the iPad for no other reason than I am more familiar with iOS. The Samsung works great too.

Last edited:
iPad Mini 4, iPhone 6+, and Samsung Tab 4 for Tower use (dedicated to Solo only).
The very best I've used? Definitely the Mini 4, but no Tower. Thankfully, though, with the newer updates the regular app is getting a bunch of features that reduce the need for Tower.

Looks like I may be the only one with a Lenovo 7". Good use of real estate and I name I have trusted for years with my Thinkpads. ** $99 CAD helps too**

I was using my Nexus 6p, but just ordered the Dell Venue 8 7000, as Dell just dropped the price to $200. I was debating between the Galaxy Tab S2, Nexus 9 and the Dell, but as soon as the price dropped, Dell won. Screen is supposed to be bright, great battery life, loud sound output and external microSD support for more storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M