waypoint mission planning in Solo app

Reaction score
any thoughts on when (or if) 3DR will add waypoint mission planning to the Solo app?

I'm not going to be surprised if they keep most of that in Tower and concentrate on smart shots within the Solo app.

Many, many ways to get into trouble with waypoint planning so may be more sensible to keep them apart...

Does someone have a good summary of the steps to use Tower with Solo?

We plan to build an app that sends waypoint commands without using the SOLO App (i.e. write our own app to add/modify waypoints). I didn't purchase a SOLO yet as I'm trying to figure out if it exposes an API that would allow us to do this? Any pointers would be great!

Reactions: J R
They definitely should make some sort of waypoint mapping for the Solo app so that people who have iOS devices can use it because I would rather go without though then use a samsung or any other android POS just to use tower.

Reactions: Solo Keith
They definitely should make some sort of waypoint mapping for the Solo app so that people who have iOS devices can use it because I would rather go without though then use a samsung or any other android POS just to use tower.

They really should... oh wait... someone did :)

MAV Pilot on the App Store

Yes, it isn't Tower but if you really don't want to use Android it is probably as good as it gets for the moment ...

We plan to build an app that sends waypoint commands without using the SOLO App (i.e. write our own app to add/modify waypoints). I didn't purchase a SOLO yet as I'm trying to figure out if it exposes an API that would allow us to do this? Any pointers would be great!
Who is "we"? :cool:

I asked a similar question last week. Someone said that a cablecam with multiple points was something that was in the works. I'd love way points in the solo app as well.

Has there been any progress in this area over the last 5 months? I had hoped to see something from NAB announcements addressing this missing functionality, but not yet it seems.

Tower and MP are grossly un-cinematic in comparison to other apps available for other platforms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44