Unable to Calibrate using Solo App for Android

Reaction score
Santa brought me a drone yesterday. Other than the Android app, the unit is flawless. Very pleased.

However, I'm unable to change the performance settings or calibrate (levels and the compass) using the app for Android v2.4.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S4. No problems otherwise in the app, camera control/video work fine.

Using my wife's iPhone, I was able to calibrate and change settings without issue.

Search for "S4" on this forum and I think you'll find this has been addressed. Your phone (the OS actually) is too old to function properly with the 3DR app. In February when the S8 is introduced, you will be 4 full Galaxy phone iterations and several OS versions behind the curve.

SARDG is right. Your phone will not work with the Solo app. If you don't want to pickup a tablet for your Solo, I would find a good, used Galaxy s5. I used it a lot with my first Solo, and it worked great. If you want to go with a tablet, look on the 3DR website, or use the search function, to find out which are the best choices for tablets. I use a Nexus 7 (2013), and it works great with the Solo app and the Solex app for Solo provided for us by Kelly Schrock. Good luck, Kurt, and fly safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nienha2207