UK User Advice

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am about to purchase my first drone and have more or less decided on the Solo. I already own GopPro which has helped to make the decision.

If not for recent news feeds and company announcements I would have purchased earlier in March, but thought I would hold on till now. I have looked at the P4 and decided not to purchase as the only reason I can see would be for the object avoidance, I believe the active tracking will be available on the solo in the future so have dismissed at this time.

MY concerns are around support in the UK, if any users based in UK could advise on how they have found the service it would be much appreciated.

ShaunD

Hi All,

I am about to purchase my first drone and have more or less decided on the Solo. I already own GopPro which has helped to make the decision.

If not for recent news feeds and company announcements I would have purchased earlier in March, but thought I would hold on till now. I have looked at the P4 and decided not to purchase as the only reason I can see would be for the object avoidance, I believe the active tracking will be available on the solo in the future so have dismissed at this time.

MY concerns are around support in the UK, if any users based in UK could advise on how they have found the service it would be much appreciated.

ShaunD
There's no problem in the UK, you can order from Quadcopters www.quadcopters.co.uk or other dealers such as Hobbymounts, First Person View or Wex.

The support live chat actually works well for UK hours as with the US being behind the UK time it means their hours cover into the evening.

When it comes to warranty 3DR treat all customers the same, so a UK customers gets the same help as a customer in the US. Also note as the UK price is a bit higher and due to EU law, the warranty on Solo is 2 years. 3DR also beats DJI in a key area which is battery warranty as DJI only cover for 90 days where 3DR cover for the same warranty period as the Solo itself.

Where in the UK are you?

There's no problem in the UK, you can order from Quadcopters www.quadcopters.co.uk or other dealers such as Hobbymounts, First Person View or Wex.

The support live chat actually works well for UK hours as with the US being behind the UK time it means their hours cover into the evening.

When it comes to warranty 3DR treat all customers the same, so a UK customers gets the same help as a customer in the US. Also note as the UK price is a bit higher and due to EU law, the warranty on Solo is 2 years. 3DR also beats DJI in a key area which is battery warranty as DJI only cover for 90 days where 3DR cover for the same warranty period as the Solo itself.

Where in the UK are you?

Thanks Ian, I wasn't aware of the battery warranty.

I am based in the East Midlands, Derby, yourself?

I spoke to a chap at FPV and he advised that I hold out until the Yuneec Typhoon H with realsense is released as this will beat the solo and P4 hands down. I agreed that I should wait as NAB takes place in the next couple of weeks and it maybe that 3dr have new news.

ShaunD

I'm in Yorkshire. The Yuneec looks good value for what it is but you'd be best waiting for proper user reviews and seeing what the customer service is like in the UK. I don't really see Yuneec doing much with software more than 3DR as they're both members of Dronecode so I suspect the software features will end up fairly similar.

It looks like in theory the Yuneec should be a good single user rig.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44