Tower for Apple

funny how its an android app and in 3dr website , its on an ipad lol
That is interesting. Seems 3DR must have moved toward that point...sure wish they would share this with the community...even if as a beta release.

This issue is just like DJI, the core structure doesn't change much for 3 or 4 model cycles so people who created templates, more often than not; create a template for the ipad, iphone, ipod for other to stick pictures in when demonstrating the avail. on tablet, phone, etc.

I sent an email asking when they will be releasing tower for iOS. This is the response I received.

Ludwing (3drobotics)

Jul 12, 12:45 PM

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting 3D Robotics, hope you are having a great day!

At the moment the developer they mention that probably by the end of this year they might release it.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you!
Ludwing M.
3D Robotics Tech Support

Message-Id:3NSJWBVG_55a2c3c452d3_9d1f3fb99dacd32017964e_sprut
Soooo! there is "Tower" software for IOS? It has just not been released yet! Ouch (Ludwing M)!!!! Its the end of the year now, I hope you meant 2015 when you said "The end of the year"....So nothing yet! I will wait until the absolute end of the year (2015), if there is nothing yet then I may as well go and spend some of that hard earned cash that was supplicated to me by those generous passersby, and go and buy Android tablets. You see, I bought 3 Solo Drones and "apple'd" up on all 3, before I read the fine print about android being the preferred software platform. Could you please have another "ask" of the developers as to when the software will be ready.

There is a 3rd party app for iOS. ($10.00) I d/l'd it and in my estimation compared to TOWER is pretty primitive. I bought a Tab S (everything els I have is iOS) just for SOLO and it was a very good decision. Robust planning software integrated well with Pixhawk, great screen for bright sunlight. Should be some good deals going on right now. I think you will have a long wait, if ever, for an iOS product that even remotely compares with TOWER

Reactions: J R
Heck, I just use my galaxy tab 4 7in. Works great with Tower, never a single problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986