Tired of solo troubles

So you pay $400 for a camera and then have to use software to remove fisheye?

How to fix gopro fisheye fast!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
ProDrenalin removes fisheye instantly with 1 mouse click- does a great job of stabilizing too, if necessary!

The video I posted yesterday of the reflecting water was done with a gopro, 4k wide, no fixing.

Thanks for education. I didn't know all the options. Now I have a more positive view of GoPro.

So you pay $400 for a camera and then have to use software to remove fisheye?

How to fix gopro fisheye fast!

You paid $400 for an action camera designed specifically for wide angle video. That is what the camera IS.
Removing that wide angle (Fish Eye) is a choice you make in post production and the manufacturer provides that solution for free.
While I dont care for the fish eye look, it is entirely appropriate in some cases and even used in professional productions.
It depends on what you are portraying.

Reactions: Benzo and John Kurt

Like many of you have pointed out, much of the end product has to do with things other than the quality of the camera. The subject, music, editing, time of day. There is nothing like smiling and taking the credit for a perfect reflection off calm water.
So do you guys use software to remove the fish eye effect? I've never own a go pro. The fish eye thing just turns me off. I've seen some of the amateur videos and it's just horrible. I just hate the curvature of the horizon with the fish eye effect.
Either an after market lens or just use the fish eye tool in the gopro editing app. Very simple. I always do a preliminary edit in the go pro app for speed, color, fish eye, flipping if necessary and cuts. then I us a Magix movie maker program for final editing.

the most effective FREE tool is GoPro studio
If you shoot 2.7K or above, and crop to a 1080p frame you eliminate a lot through cropping.
Now just check the box when processing for remove fisheye

Boom

holy mother of cow december 31 I1 crash nevernending dji bug DJI Forum|Inspire 1 crash and DJI's excuse for not warrantying very scary products it sounds like guinea pig in thier flight controller software

Yea, any Solo issues are more than made up for by 3DR's support. I finally got around to submitting a support ticket for my gimbal that has always faced 10+ degrees to the right for whatever reason. Submitted ticket last Tuesday, got a reply yesterday (New Year's Eve, no less) saying "Based on what you've described, we'll have to replace your gimbal, we're sending you a shipping label, please pack it up and as soon as we receive it, we'll send a replacement".

That's trouble I can live with.

and you spent double what it would have cost for solo and you appear to have two pilots
so not really a comparison
By the way a little post could have helped the color was way to saturated

It was way too much saturation and contrast, My eyes hurt to be honest.

Sometimes less is more. That could also be stated for some of the camera/drone moves that I saw in this video. It's ok but not as nice as people on here want to purport it to be...

That could also be stated for some of the camera/drone moves that I saw in this video. It's ok but not as nice as people on here want to purport it to be...

What drone footage have you seen from another drone that you think is better? Could you post an example of some great moves?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150