This got me a bit worried...

never do
I get why some people do it, and in situations it is required.

But my solo stays put until it has gps lock

never do
I get why some people do it, and in situations it is required.

But my solo stays put until it has gps lock
Do you know if I can revert back to the update before this one?

New update sucks. It's dangerous.Mine does all of the above. I sent in a ticket and got the standard reply asking for photos of the damage and on and on. There was no damage, didn't crash, thanks to my pilot skills and luck. They know about it and should have just leveled with me and suggested a fix, even if it was just "this is how you revert back to last version". Can I revert? anybody?
This is pretty much BS.
I spend several hours up in the air with 2.4 in the meantime.
It's rock stable, smartshots work brilliantly, no GPS issues, nothing worth reporting.

Reactions: Solo Keith
This is pretty much BS.
I spend several hours up in the air with 2.4 in the meantime.
It's rock stable, smartshots work brilliantly, no GPS issues, nothing worth reporting.
Here is the only thing I'm complaining about. I have 2 solos. After the update, if I takeoff in manual before gps is locked I let up on the throttle to level off but the solo just keeps cruising skyward until I apply down throttle to stop it. Same thing happens when descending. Then when it has gps lock, even though I haven't switched it out of manual, the motors quit for maybe half a second, dropping the solo 10 or 20 feet before it recovers. Kind of an issue. And one that involves safety.

Why take off without gps lock ? You then have your return to home some where in the air to me that's the safety issue.
I sometimes take off in manual mode because the GPS on solo is so weak. Trees houses or hills easily interfere. So I'll take off, go up maybe 30 or 40 feet and wait for GPS lock. Then if I lose signal a return to home will at least bring me back to that spot then I can land manually, which I usually do anyway because solo can act so Irradically when landing near 25% power.

I sometimes take off in manual mode because the GPS on solo is so weak. Trees houses or hills easily interfere. So I'll take off, go up maybe 30 or 40 feet and wait for GPS lock. Then if I lose signal a return to home will at least bring me back to that spot then I can land manually, which I usually do anyway because solo can act so Irradically when landing near 25% power.
Had my first Solo for over a year now, and only ever did a non-manual takeoff/landing 1 time ea just to try it when I first bought it. Always manual since then.

I get the landing, I do that too, its fun to stick a landing.

but on take off?
would the locked home not be valued?

How you take off has nothing to do with GPS lock. Mine is locking pretty quick now anyway, and as soon as it locks I put it in manual or stabilize and take off. Same with using Tower and flying missions.

I was waiting for some oompa loompas to pull everlasting gobstoppers from that blue machine in the video.

testers tend to be more feature oriented and can often miss just normal flying around bugs
never seen a beta test get them all.
This is a nasty one though

How many remember the have to face it north to arm error
3dr does not have an established beta tester system.

Recently many developers left the company, with shortage of developers, I doubt that they do unit test on every built or check out every device

Here is the only thing I'm complaining about. I have 2 solos. After the update, if I takeoff in manual before gps is locked I let up on the throttle to level off but the solo just keeps cruising skyward until I apply down throttle to stop it. Same thing happens when descending. Then when it has gps lock, even though I haven't switched it out of manual, the motors quit for maybe half a second, dropping the solo 10 or 20 feet before it recovers. Kind of an issue. And one that involves safety.
Your first issue is solved with a compass and level calibration. Something which should be done after every update.
We experienced a drop of no more than 3-4 ft after takeoff w/o a lock and getting a fix mid air. This is annoying and has been reported as a defect, but by no means critical as long as you maintain a safe altitude and have your hands at the sticks.

3dr does not have an established beta tester system.

Recently many developers left the company, with shortage of developers, I doubt that they do unit test on every built or check out every device
There is a beta tester group out with over 70 participants who tested 2.4 thoroughly over a period of 2 months in locations all over the world.

That gps lock/drop in manual flight is the only defect I have found, yesterday got my trust back with this thing. Flew with follow me, through our small home town with high winds. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'll take off, go up maybe 30 or 40 feet and wait for GPS lock. Then if I lose signal a return to home will at least bring me back to that spot then I can land manually.

does GPS lock mid-air above launch point mean altitude zero is the height where GPS locked on?

does GPS lock mid-air above launch point mean altitude zero is the height where GPS locked on?
Not in the way you are probably thinking. The HP is the GPS position at lock. Remember though that GPS is not used for altitude. So there is a barometric reading that is part of HP, but when RTL is activated it will got to the GPS position and start descending. The difference is it will start slowing the descent higher that normal, but will still slowly descend to the ground.

Reactions: twitchyzero

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado