This firmware update compared to others - failures and grief

Reaction score
Putting aside the Android vs iOS issue... Have the other firmware updates caused this much grief? It's like every other new post or reply is about failed firmware update, or a bunch of basic functions that don't work after the update. Is this on par with the past updates?

It also seems to me that the best way to go about this update is by uninstalling everything from your phone (Solo, Tower, 3DR Services), doing a full factory reset of the Solo and controller, and reinstalling all the apps fresh on your phone. Let it pull the firmware update and apps down to a clean slate. It shouldn't be necessary, but good grief this is painful to watch.

Reactions: Captain Mike
any issues with the Android fix that patches the MPCC bug?

was thinking of updating to that but thought i'd ask first...you could never be too safe with the recent poor PR 3DR is getting.

Putting aside the Android vs iOS issue... Have the other firmware updates caused this much grief? It's like every other new post or reply is about failed firmware update, or a bunch of basic functions that don't work after the update. Is this on par with the past updates?

It also seems to me that the best way to go about this update is by uninstalling everything from your phone (Solo, Tower, 3DR Services), doing a full factory reset of the Solo and controller, and reinstalling all the apps fresh on your phone. Let it pull the firmware update and apps down to a clean slate. It shouldn't be necessary, but good grief this is painful to watch.
The updates seem to get worse as time goes by. Pretty soon they will be as buggy as DJI. This causes more bad PR for 3DR- I don't think they will ever sell all of the 1st production run.

People are going to think "3DR is just as bad as DJI-might as well buy a phantom 'cause everybody else has one..."

it was meant to be but they pulled back due to drift
rebase is one or two releases away

At this rate I might not make it to the rebase... I'm about to initiate a return 2 manufacturer instead of Return To Me

Reactions: Lastduik
I'm using a Galaxy Tab 4 as well as Galaxy 6 Edge and didn't have an issue with the 2.4 FW update. I actually have never had an update issue, or issue with Solo that wasn't my fault, knock on wood. I've flown 6 batts in 2 days at 3 locations now. I'd like to try the new smartshots before summer is over. I sure could have used zipline yesterday over the lake. Would have saved a battery or two.

Please if anyone else is using nvidia shield let me know your experiences lately... Mine are very bad

I'm using a Galaxy Tab 4 as well as Galaxy 6 Edge and didn't have an issue with the 2.4 FW update. I actually have never had an update issue, or issue with Solo that wasn't my fault, knock on wood. I've flown 6 batts in 2 days at 3 locations now. I'd like to try the new smartshots before summer is over. I sure could have used zipline yesterday over the lake. Would have saved a battery or two.
Is that Galaxy Tab 4 the 10.1" model? How did you get it to fin in the 3DR holder?

Wow weird... I had more issues with the last update. This one went through perfectly fine..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I had no update problems with 2.4.0, all went perfectly. ipad mini 2. In fact, I've never had an update issue. Perhaps the ios just works better? Sorry to hear so many are having problems, but is it more an issue with Android apps, or I just lucky?

Reactions: Benzo
it was meant to be but they pulled back due to drift
rebase is one or two releases away
Solo 2.4 is the rebase code.
Just the EKF2 feature was pulled back based on our test results during beta.

Reactions: Benzo
any issues with the Android fix that patches the MPCC bug?

was thinking of updating to that but thought i'd ask first...you could never be too safe with the recent poor PR 3DR is getting.
I tested 2.4 with the current Solo Android app and could not reproduce any issues with MPCC. Solo works flawless with the latest FW and Android for me. I use a Nexus 7/2013.

Due to the many different kinds of Android devices out there with all their dependencies and variations I can't speak for other brands.

It worked fine on my Pawn Shopped Nexus 7 2013. It took a loong time to download. But the actual upgrade wasn't too bad. Maybe 10 minutes tops. There was a little tweaking to be done afterward but it's all good.

Oh no, I hope not ...please. My Nvidia Shield is coming soon.
yeah sorry,,,,first 3 or 4 outings(4 batts each) were rock solid...not one video glitch (rolling frame or freeze other than loss of Tx signal at the end of range), or app crash...since then its been all sorts of probs, im wondering if its related to shield tablet ROM update among other things ...let me know hit it goes

here is my shield android info
IYvutDC.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SPP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado