This app is gonna be great

Nice, it's a start at least and the timing is overdue with all the stories were seeing at least this is a step in the right direction. Granted those of us that would be happy to test and eventually use this aren't likley to be the ones in the news but we gota start somewhere.

Currently I'm just using my quads as a hobbiest and I've only been flying a bit over a year, eventually I'd love to be able to make them a source of income or better yet make a living doing this. They aren't incredibly popular here yet I never see them flying and I often see ads looking for pilots that I could easily do but want more experience so I provide the best service possible.

So would I be better off filing for my exemption now before things all take affect soon or will it basically be the same process then and would make more sense to wait?

I realize I have research to do far as what's needed and required for the exemption but just wanted to get an opinion on which way to go? Do I need to have a specific job in mind or can I get a more general exemption for most aerial photography jobs I see latley locally?

Thanks for any help fly safe.
Andrew

For android, check out the "hover" app. It has 3 pages. Top is timer (not necessary since we have timers on our radios). Middle page is weather info including wind speed and solar activity. The third page has a map view and shows if you are in restricted or clear space.

I use this app extensively as I am a truck driver and constantly in new locations. I will check it throughout my shift and more often as I approach a potential flight area. Mostly, I use it for wind checks since I know about airports and parks before I arrive. That way, I know if I can stop or or should keep on rolling.

I like that this app includes a notification system for airports. The only problem is that this is your typical left wing libtard method doing things. Those of us that care about doing things right, already do. Those that don't care about the laws or understand the risks won't even DL the app. Just like their gun control laws target ONLY the law abiding.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44