The gimbal video thread

Of course it help everyone here. With so many option in the Hero4 Blk, it's hard to fidure out. I love 2.7. why 48FPS & not 60? better light? less Jello?
48 fps for the medium view and I just like the way it flows. I'll experiment with more settings in the future then also see which setting work best for post editing.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Here is my flight with the new gimbal:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Feel free to give constructive feedback.

Thanks!
Nice video!
On your last shot, did you fly manually under those trees or with GPS?

Last edited:
Perfect, thanks a lot for your answer.

Record button only comes with gimbal in Android. It actually shows up for a second until it figures out you have no gimbal and then goes away. When I connect the unit with the gimbal it stays.

Thanks!
Very nice Blade! Thanks for posting.

Reactions: BladeImages

Thanks!
For a first flight that is amazing, cant wait to get my gimbal. Its been on order two months, I dont think anybody has one yet in the UK.
I could feel your nerves flying through thre trees!!
Well done

Reactions: BladeImages
OK, here is my frst gimbal entry :) Toiletbowl posted it in another thread, but I figured I would post it here.

It is taken in a few hours with 3 batteries, on a Hero 4 Black, with a PEAU 5.44 lens, ND8 filter, Circular Polarizer, and was Shot in 4K W, then rendered down to 1080. Didn't spend any time in post other than cutting down clips, centering a couple really off shots, and using a template for adding transitions, titles, and stock music. No level/color correction or stabilization.

Solo has balanced props and gel mod on the main board, and GPS, with only FPVLR antenna added.

A few Cable Cams, a Selfie (Kayak), and some manual work, but I forgot my Nexus (dough...) so I had no GPS on the (borrowed) tablet and couldn't do Follow Me. Nothing really cool to orbit, and didn't do anything in Tower other than notifications.

Raining now, and just off vacation so a bit swamped, but will try to find good location/subjects for Orbit, Follow Me, and possibly Tower next time, then spend a little time in post.

The question is when... *sigh*

Very nice work! I hope I can do as good some day..

OK, here is my frst gimbal entry :) Toiletbowl posted it in another thread, but I figured I would post it here.

It is taken in a few hours with 3 batteries, on a Hero 4 Black, with a PEAU 5.44 lens, ND8 filter, Circular Polarizer, and was Shot in 4K W, then rendered down to 1080. Didn't spend any time in post other than cutting down clips, centering a couple really off shots, and using a template for adding transitions, titles, and stock music. No level/color correction or stabilization.

Solo has balanced props and gel mod on the main board, and GPS, with only FPVLR antenna added.

A few Cable Cams, a Selfie (Kayak), and some manual work, but I forgot my Nexus (dough...) so I had no GPS on the (borrowed) tablet and couldn't do Follow Me. Nothing really cool to orbit, and didn't do anything in Tower other than notifications.

Raining now, and just off vacation so a bit swamped, but will try to find good location/subjects for Orbit, Follow Me, and possibly Tower next time, then spend a little time in post.

The question is when... *sigh*

That is excellent! Fantastico! Was any of the footage slowed down?

Solo Gimbal test #3. Let me begin by saying that I love my Solo. I love my gimbal. I love my gimbal footage. This is my 10th drone, beginning with a Hubsan X4 through Blade Nano QX, Blade 200 QX, Cheerson C-20, and Blade 350 QX3. The Solo is just so far beyond everything else. Stable, fast, a dream to fly, and yes, very smart. Did I say I love it?

I have been delighted by my gimbal footage, but people have suggested that it could be better and have made some suggestions. So this third test has: balanced props, Polar Pro ND2 filter, balanced gimbal (Thanks toNolan Ramseyer. Not sure this is right yet, but I have a penny on the end and a nickel on the back). Combination of Fly (pond and cement plant), cable cam (cemetery shots), and orbit with in/out and up/down manual control (field). I didn’t do any quick jerky back and forth movements because my previous tests showed me that the camera was rock solid in all movements.

GoPro 4 Black with these settings: 2.7k 60 fps Medium FOV, Protune on, ISO 400, spot meter off, low light off, WB 5500, Color GoPro, sharpness medium, EV comp 0. Clips combined in GoPro Studio and music added. No stabilization applied.

That is awesome- great work! Was any of the video slowed down? If not, any idea how fast you were flying?

He actually has a thread going on there. Did he say he was not a professional? Very good for sure. The post work he did was fantastic. Solo did well.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Strange, I did the update from the young man's video and it didn't work the first time. I went home and reset back to factory and reinstalled the updates. I didn't need to download it again, it was still there. So, now everything is up to date, I am getting amazing distances, I'm thinking this is what I'm talking about. All I need now is my Gimbal!

I got my Gimbal, along with a new update and it did download, now I am back to square one. The range is back to where it was before I did the video update.

Also I got the "Lost Signal Error" message, Solo came back with the alternating flashing red lights. I could not control it at any point. It landed on its on (of course). I had to power it off and on before I could reconnect to wifi. I have not had that experience before.

What updates do the 1.1.5 release provide, I can't find any information right now.

short clip of OKC sunset. nothing special just playing around at my apartment complex.

Solo Gimbal test #3. Let me begin by saying that I love my Solo. I love my gimbal. I love my gimbal footage. This is my 10th drone, beginning with a Hubsan X4 through Blade Nano QX, Blade 200 QX, Cheerson C-20, and Blade 350 QX3. The Solo is just so far beyond everything else. Stable, fast, a dream to fly, and yes, very smart. Did I say I love it?

I have been delighted by my gimbal footage, but people have suggested that it could be better and have made some suggestions. So this third test has: balanced props, Polar Pro ND2 filter, balanced gimbal (Thanks toNolan Ramseyer. Not sure this is right yet, but I have a penny on the end and a nickel on the back). Combination of Fly (pond and cement plant), cable cam (cemetery shots), and orbit with in/out and up/down manual control (field). I didn’t do any quick jerky back and forth movements because my previous tests showed me that the camera was rock solid in all movements.

GoPro 4 Black with these settings: 2.7k 60 fps Medium FOV, Protune on, ISO 400, spot meter off, low light off, WB 5500, Color GoPro, sharpness medium, EV comp 0. Clips combined in GoPro Studio and music added. No stabilization applied.
The first nine don't count as drones... [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

I have it posted in the photo/ vid section. So far so good. Its too windy out today. But I do have a Starwars drone to fly inside, but the gimbal is not attached lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny