Take off problem - crashed twice :(

The compass calibration created a successful takeoff flight When changing batteries but keeping the controller on - the takeoff went 50 ft backwards without touching a button.

I have an RMA and will like send it on Tuesday.

The compass calibration created a successful takeoff flight When changing batteries but keeping the controller on - the takeoff went 50 ft backwards without touching a button.

I have an RMA and will like send it on Tuesday.
I'm just wondering if the battery change had something to do with it.?
Because it seems like your problem only occurred after you change the battery?

Updated to v1.2. Did a compass calibration and level calibration. Now it appears my solo is a bit unstable in the air. It will not hold its position very well in GPS mode and when trying to fly in a streight line it seems to fly off course some. I used cable cam to see how it performed and when it comes to a stop it's kind of jerry. At one point while coming in to land solo was jerking around some. All this began after the new update. I have had solo since June and the gimbal since September. All was good until now. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Updated to v1.2. Did a compass calibration and level calibration. Now it appears my solo is a bit unstable in the air. It will not hold its position very well in GPS mode and when trying to fly in a streight line it seems to fly off course some. I used cable cam to see how it performed and when it comes to a stop it's kind of jerry. At one point while coming in to land solo was jerking around some. All this began after the new update. I have had solo since June and the gimbal since September. All was good until now. Any thoughts?

I would Try it again tomorrow and see if you still get the same thing...Mabe it was just a glitchy day...!!
I have had that before when the Solo just wasn't listening to me anymore and got all disoriented ...so packed her up and went home...next day the Solo was fine!! Sometimes it just something in the air that the Solo dosint like!!
But if you find that your Solo is doing it consistently ...then I would look into it further !

Just my thought

Fly Safe

Personally I do a level calibration every single time I fly, and a compass calibration every time I fly at a new location. It adds a few minutes to my pre-flight process, but I think it's worth it in order to have a successful flight and landing.

This is my first drone too, but I've had a great time with it so far. The most important lesson I've learned is that you need patience. These are not toys...but can be very enjoyable if you take the time to do it right. :)

i had a different solo that got water damaged, now my second one wanders in the air as well as others stated. the solo itself or the firmware? i wonder.

i had a different solo that got water damaged, now my second one wanders in the air as well as others stated. the solo itself or the firmware? i wonder.
Wandering in Fly mode is generally a sign of needing a compass calibration.

Wandering in Fly mode is generally a sign of needing a compass calibration.

i will try again. i previously used to run in a cottage setting. the new one has only seen suburbs. thanks.

Personally I do a level calibration every single time I fly, and a compass calibration every time I fly at a new location. It adds a few minutes to my pre-flight process, but I think it's worth it in order to have a successful flight and landing.

Anyone else chime in on this. My drone ships out for RMA today - requesting a new unit and not refurbished (crossing fingers). If this is the best procedure I will do it. Question - if you land the drone and replace a battery - do you recommend doing another level and compass calibration?

Anyone else chime in on this. My drone ships out for RMA today - requesting a new unit and not refurbished (crossing fingers). If this is the best procedure I will do it. Question - if you land the drone and replace a battery - do you recommend doing another level and compass calibration?
I wouldn't think you need to..

I only do the level calibration every time. The reason is because when I go to fly, sometimes it will sit searching for satellites for 3, 4, 5 minutes...then all of a sudden it will say "solo needs level calibration", then I have to walk back to perfectly level surface and do it. So to save myself the trouble, I do the level calibration before I walk out to my takeoff location. It only takes about 30 seconds to do it, but saves a lot of aggravation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig