Suggestions for technique - Giving some.. want some

Reaction score
So I hung out with a friend today that used to fly RC planes and he gave me a couple quick pointers since I am BRAND new to flying.

1. Use a neck strap (I was wondering why people were talking about the neck strap) to help with carrying the weight of the controller

2. Use thumb AND index finger for more precise control of the Drone. I was only using my thumbs and not getting great results.

3. To practice...
a. Fly in square with drone front facing the same direction
b. Fly in square boxes, turning the drone with the pan and then fly to the next spot.
c. Fly in circles trying to keep the nose of the drone facing forward the whole time
d. Fly in circles trying to keep the nose of the drone pointed in the direction you are flying the whole time
e. Fly in figure 8 keeping the nose of the drone the same direction
f. Fly in a figure 8 with the nose of the drone pointed in the direction you are flying the whole time.

This has really helped me practice.. Just these little tips. Hoping this might help people like me that had no where to start. Anyone have any other techniques or suggestions.. Please run them by me. I am loving this thing..

Thanks
Ryan G

Reactions: Jubalr
Ryan, excellent tips and highly recommended for anyone new to RC. Thanks for posting.

Thank you sir. I figured I had no where to go to know this stuff.. Hopefully it helps people. :)

O Yeah.. Keep the Solo flight speed LOW. I tried it for a minute on max speed and WOAHH!!!! that's fast and I can picture me crashing that thing.

Ryan G

Try to find a flight simulator...that really helped me.

Real flight was one from many years ago I used. Came with a usb controller so the controls were the same.....but there might be some free ones out there too.

A quick Google play search came up with several free ones, but not sure how good they are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks