Some help from the battery charger Guru's...

J R

Reaction score
I'm looking for some help on selecting a better charging/discharging method. I currently have the Solo (5 Batteries), a P2V+v3 (4 Batteries) and 2-P3P's (10 Batteries). I've also got several Hubsan 107's (15-20 Batteries) and a few RC 4 Wheeler Trucks (4 Batteries). I'm not as concerned about the Hubsan or Trucks, just figured I'd throw them in there.

Obviously, battery management has become a nightmare. I've got multiple chargers for each bird. I've been reading some of these recent threads and see that the Guru's around here are using various different aftermarket set-ups for your battery management.

My battery knowledge and skill rivals my photography knowledge and skill, so most of you will already know that means I'm a bit handicapped! Is there any way that I can consolidate the equipment I need to manage all of my MR batteries? Is there a charger that I can purchase to charge all of my different batteries? I'm willing to make or purchase pigtails as well. If I don't use some batteries but I've already charged them, can I discharge them with this device or a different one?

I know what I'm asking may be more complex than my pea brain can comprehend but I thought I may as well ask. Some say the only stupid question is the one not asked. I'd appreciate any help any of you guys could provide. Thank in advance for any help or advice!

Jerry

This is not a stupid question, this is a complex subject.

When the battery is a smart battery and uses special propetiary chip in it, its best not to use other charger. I think Solo battery is considered one of those smart battery.

Also there is a possibility that Solo battery has its own charge regulating chip, that means the black brick is pure power supply only like a lap top power supply. One of my small torch uses this kind of battery, USB 5V is simply a power supply.

So with many kinds of possibility, rigging special connectors to allow X type/brand charger to do all charging for different toys we have, could be dangerous. Not to mention if the charging current or voltage differs a great deal from this X-type/brand charger compared to the drone's own dedicated charger.

Charge safe.....

Reactions: J R
i use the powerlab 8v2. it is one of the best chargers on the market and can charge multiple batteries simultaneously. you can charge multiple smart batteries using the correct settings and the proper wire/connectors. this isn't the most efficient way to charge smart batteries though. you are better off using a dedicated power supply that has enough voltage and amperage to drive multiple smart batteries.

so your options would be decent charger (powerlab 8v2, icharger,etc) and a sufficient power supply for the charger. this will allow you charge multiple solo batts, multiple phantom batts and your other batts. just not at the same time.

if you wanted to be able to charge multiple solo batts, multiple phantom batts and other batts all at the same time you would need charger+power supply, power supply for solo batts and another power supply for phantom batts.

Reactions: J R

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44