Solo's lights..

Reaction score
hello all, my first question here, but read a lot of your post for help, ok, I've had Solo for about two weeks and would say I have about 2.5 hours of fly time. so I landed solo a little to hard, it turned on its side and crash detected. dusted Solo off and fired it right up into a hover, that's when I noticed the lights were all different colors instead of the normal white/blue in front and red in back... is it telling me something? I landed, shut down, and pulled the battery... put it back together and everything was fine... thanks for help... fly high!..

assuming it's still flightworthy after the crash, it sounds like you fixed it. If it happens again you, can follow earldgrajr's advice below.

Earldgrayjr, Aug 25, 2015
Swap motor pods.... with the other of same color. That will tell you if it is Solo or motor pod. If Solo, you could try factory reset...

Normal LED lighting is below:
Solo uses four LED lights to indicate its status during startup and in flight.

Solid white (front) and red (back): Ready to fly, standard flight configuration
Pulsing white (front) and red (back) Solo is flying under autopilot control
Flashing red alternating front and back: Controller signal lost
Flashing rainbow: Update in progress
Solid green, then turning off one-by-one: Startup successful
Solid green without turning off automatically: Startup unsuccessful, please restart Solo

assuming it's still flightworthy after the crash, it sounds like you fixed it. If it happens again you, can follow earldgrajr's advice below.

Earldgrayjr, Aug 25, 2015
Swap motor pods.... with the other of same color. That will tell you if it is Solo or motor pod. If Solo, you could try factory reset...

Normal LED lighting is below:
Solo uses four LED lights to indicate its status during startup and in flight.

Solid white (front) and red (back): Ready to fly, standard flight configuration
Pulsing white (front) and red (back) Solo is flying under autopilot control
Flashing red alternating front and back: Controller signal lost
Flashing rainbow: Update in progress
Solid green, then turning off one-by-one: Startup successful
Solid green without turning off automatically: Startup unsuccessful, please restart Solo

Thank you both for the help. Knowing what the lights are telling me may be a big help! Now if either of you help with the weather here in NC... Thanks again. Tim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44