Solo w gimbal, 8 prop and 2 batteries. new lower price point of $499

The $599 with backpack makes this about the same price point since it doesn't come with a backpack. Maybe even more given what the backpack costs alone. But if you don't need a backpack, it's an incredible price!! Especially if you already have a second GoPro, or do not need both in operation at once.

Actually nevermind. It's coming with a second battery instead of a backpack. Killer price!

Just in parts prices it's worth it.
Batteries $118 each on Amazon
Gimble is at least $150 on a good day on Ebay
motor pods $40 each on Spektre
body shell $75 on Spektre
Already over the price of this package and haven't even got to the controller or guts yet. Didn't I see a post about putting Solo guts in a TBS disco somewhere? That one in the corner with the new T-motors and Esc's... I swear I heard it ask for solo guts.

Just in parts prices it's worth it.
Batteries $118 each on Amazon
Gimble is at least $150 on a good day on Ebay
motor pods $40 each on Spektre
body shell $75 on Spektre
Already over the price of this package and haven't even got to the controller or guts yet. Didn't I see a post about putting Solo guts in a TBS disco somewhere? That one in the corner with the new T-motors and Esc's... I swear I heard it ask for solo guts.
I thought about that as well. Practically expendable at that price, too.

I just like the idea of Solo smart shots with a little larger frame and props. I like my disco but its just not as easy to use for some shots as a solo is. The disco handles higher winds with less shake showing up in the video than solo does and I am curious to see if it would work with the ph2 and how well. I saw it suggested in a post once and have never seen any follow up on the idea, I just have to know if it would work. Using my previous math I can rationalize that the guts and controller were free so why not give it a shot. Then again maybe I am just the right amount of crazy but I am going to try it.

Thanks for posting, I just ordered one. I had been concerned about the long term availability of parts, and now I'll have an entire spare.

And since I bought my first at the height, this helps lower the overall price... Or at least that's how I described it to my wife! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Brendon Baddiley
Because you have to spell it with a k? Here you go. Products I have my eye on that Pixhawk 2.1 they are working on. This place was in another post a few days ago about low cost parts.

Last edited:
thanks for the post. i got my first one with the free gimbal at 599, i picked up this one for the extra batteries, gimbal, and well.... another drone. awesome.

Dam you guys....

I'm digging for change in the couch now. Hobby funds total 522 currently - need 20 more to account for tax.
(Biting finger nails, slightly twitch)

Check which sale you are looking at. One is delivery only and you will need to pay shipping and the other is available for store pickup and you can go to the nearest BestBuy and pick it up for free. Still going to need to pay tax but they both have all the same gear in them and both are $499. I just picked mine up.

Free shipping also said it could be a week and a half before I saw it. If you want it any faster they charge you the shipping. Store pickup was overnight.

Free shipping also said it could be a week and a half before I saw it. If you want it any faster they charge you the shipping. Store pickup was overnight.

My order gives a delivery date of this Thursday, but even if it was a week and a half, I'm not in a rush. I'm on a little vacation at the moment, but if I was home, yea, I'd probably have run to the local BB and picked it up in person.

I just picked one up at Best Buy, plus got another 10% off with Best buy CC sign up .. there was no way I could pass that up two batteries. 3 x gimbal ... One thing I found strange the set of props is not a set of four it is a set of two, Little bit disappointed on that but still got a good deal...so out the door I was $478.70 our company will be buying the Kodak SP360 4K cameras for this drone we have a number of customers interested in utilizing the 360° view. should pay for itself rather fast.. I hope..

Reactions: bluesgeek
From my recent experience with Solo from Best Buy, I might suggest picking up at the store, and making sure that you are not getting stock from the store shelves. Today, at one store, every box I was shown had been opened, at least to inspect the product. I ended up going to another store to get warehouse stock. Also, the first Solo I purchased from bestbuy.com and had delivered to my address was also an open box. Just a thought.

Reactions: SARDG
From my recent experience with Solo from Best Buy, I might suggest picking up at the store, and making sure that you are not getting stock from the store shelves. Today, at one store, every box I was shown had been opened....
At the rate that folks on this forum are returning Solos to various retail outlets, I don't doubt this one bit...

Reactions: JelleNL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44