Solo Support On Flight Time

And it would be extremely easy for 3dr to implement as most of the code is already there - they just aren't displaying all of the data. Just like showing current lat/lng position would be extremely easy and useful for a lot of people, especially in search and rescue.

I love my 3dr Solo as do I love my others. If 3dr would impliment a few more things I would love it even more.

And it would be extremely easy for 3dr to implement as most of the code is already there - they just aren't displaying all of the data. Just like showing current lat/lng position would be extremely easy and useful for a lot of people, especially in search and rescue.

Steve, didn't you write some arduino code to query this info? I'm wondering if this can be done in-flight with the SDK. I haven't looked at the SDK at all but capturing real-time cell voltage is something I wanted after my first solo flight!

Yes, I did. What I'm saying is the solo is already reading the battery data over the i2c/smbus interface while in flight. That's how it's reporting things like remaining battery % and V in the app. I'm not sure what's available in the sdk, I haven't looked at it much beyond basic examples.

Why do you own so many quadcopters? Which is your favourite and why?

Each one is diff and just enjoy flying them. I have several Helicopters also as I enjoy flying them also. If I had to pick a fav it would be the inspire. Again not starting a flame. The solo is nice as you can tame it down really easily.

Reactions: Maddog
I believe you got that backwards my friend. The true question is why not! :)

Well, because I know the answer, at least for me, I can't afford to own that many. I have a phantom P2 with video and telemetry. It's for sale.

I can only fly and. Maintain one right now. The Solo is it

Well, because I know the answer, at least for me, I can't afford to own that many. I have a phantom P2 with video and telemetry. It's for sale.

I can only fly and. Maintain one right now. The Solo is it

I completely understand. The solo is getting very reasonable priced as of now. Esp when they run the gimbal for lower price. I do however dont like the go pro camera. I have never been a fan of it.

If they introduce a new Gimbal/Camera combination, I'm on it. I agree completely

Each one is diff and just enjoy flying them. I have several Helicopters also as I enjoy flying them also. If I had to pick a fav it would be the inspire. Again not starting a flame. The solo is nice as you can tame it down really easily.
Kinda like having an SUV, sports car, motorsickle, I suppose.
The retractable legs on the Inspire are really cool- but the price is not.

I have an opportunity to pick up a new Inspire V2 for less than the $1,999. It's new, but the size bothers me. If the 4K so much better that the solo?

Also what's the Yuneec video look like?

I have an opportunity to pick up a new Inspire V2 for less than the $1,999. It's new, but the size bothers me. If the 4K so much better that the solo?

Also what's the Yuneec video look like?

I wanted an inspire also. It's such a sexy bird the way it is designed. But if your comparing what you'll actually get in terms of capability then I don't think it makes sense for the average hobbiest/semi-pro. You'll be getting a bird that has roughly 18m flight time and a 4k camera. I think the P4 is actually more capable. Having done some research there appears to be plenty of opinions on both sides of the equation around the idea that the inspire 4k camera is any better than a go pro. Now, there is a new camera that is supported (Zenmuse X5 I believe) that uses a much larger sensor and is supposedly much better.
Maybe if your a pro and need that level of instrument it makes sense. But at current Solo prices its hard to justify for me. I'm going to fly the solo and learn and hopefully by the time I decide that I need more aerial photography capability there will be much more choices. All that said, I also really want to be able to support a local company and hope 3DR can pull it together over the next year.

Last edited:
I wanted an inspire also. It's such a sexy bird the way it is designed. But if your comparing what you'll actually get in terms of capability then I don't think it makes sense for the average hobbiest/semi-pro. You'll be getting a bird that has roughly 18m flight time and a 4k camera. I think the P4 is actually more capable. Having done some research there appears to be plenty of opinions on both sides of the equation around the idea that the inspire 4k camera is any better than a go pro. Now, there is a new camera that is supported (Zenmuse X5 I believe) that uses a much larger sensor and is supposedly much better.
Maybe if your a pro and need that level of instrument it makes sense. But at current Solo prices its hard to justify for me. I'm going to fly the solo and learn and hopefully by the time I decide that I need more aerial photography capability there will be much more choices. All that said, I also really want to be able to support a local company and hope 3DR can pull it together over the next year.

Couldnt have said it better. I just simply enjoy them each has his own. I find myself now a days flying my old 450 and 550 alot more. But when it comes to having fun the 3d on a 180qx is just simply amazing. Have any of you guys tried a racing quad yet? My eyes just cant keep up with it to really enjoy it.

I looked at my batteries using Tower and they all showed 5315.
Is it odd that they were all exactly the same?
I just downloaded TOWER so I could check the capacity setting of my battery, seems rather short flying times (like ~ 10 min). How do you check your battery capacity setting in TOWER? I don't see a menu option for doing that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig