Solo Support On Flight Time

Wow- that's bad.
Ok, 5 minute GPS acquisition bad. Multiple causes.
Gimbal- mine occasionally does that. Just won't work. Usually, I power Solo down. If the GoPro fails to shut off with Solo I get the file repaired message. (File repaired message usually shows up if you are recording and turn the power off before you stop recording). Take GoPro out of gimbal, turn off and remove battery.
Put GoPro back in gimbal, power Solo up and usually it all works.

I've had all those problems but not all at the same time. I replaced my GPS with the M8N version because it was taking several minutes to get enough sats to fly. Now I get enough sats to fly in about a minute and usually end up with 20 before the flight is over.

I frequently do some testing in my back yard. Take off, climb to about 10 feet. I can test how the gimbal is working, make sure the GoPro is working and I can change settings. Stuff that doesn't require flying high or far.

Had another crazy day today. I tried flying again but everything was a no-go! It was taking forever ( 5 - 10 min) trying to acquire satellites to fly. I relocated it, moved it around, and finally got a ready to fly message. Started it up and immediately noticed the gimbal wasn't working and I actually had no control over the camera. The camera/gimbal just flopped sideways so I set it back down and did the compass re-calibration. Even lost complete control over thee camera, couldn't even manually turn it off! After that I had a green bar show up on the controller saying there was no gimbal connection so I quit and packed up and came back home. There was a storm blowing in anyway and I got out of there just in time.

After dinner I brought it into my office and powered everything up and now it looks like everything is working. Only weird thing showing up now is a message on GoPro saying "FILE REPAIRED". Since it seemed to be working I took it out front in the street, acquired satellites and seemed to fly fine. Camera worked, gimbal rotated ok so I guess I just charge the batteries back up and try again tomorrow. I checked the camera and it was even recording. Couldn't see much in the dark but it was recording.

I don't know what's going on so I initiated a trouble ticket and sent the logs in. With this being a long weekend I don't expect to hear anything back until next week. I'm a little nervous but I think I 'might' try flying it again tomorrow. I'm flying over some pretty remote woods and swamp so I sure would hate to lose it.

I hope you get someone that worked out as good as I did. Please keep us posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo