Solo spins on takeoff

Yes I posted the fix from 3DR about 10 posts back. Here it is again.

I sent all the log files to 3DR and they were able to isolate the problem (See Below)

"i have encounter multiple cases with that symptom, in 80% of the cases its because the parameters are modified either manually through the Tower app (or similar) or by uploading the parameters list from a ground station like Mission Planner or APM Planner, this changes the FRAME parameter which modifies the spin direction of the propellers. In the other 20%, the motor pods are placed in the wrong way (wrong order) which make solo spin like that.
The factory reset does not change the parameters to default. To reset the parameter to default please find the parameter "SYSID_SW_MREV", this parameter has a value of 120, change the value to 0 (zero) and rewrite the parameters to apply the changes."

We did this, recalibrated Level and Compass and everything is working great now. The solo is flying perfectly again. I am unsure how this setting got changed and I need to spend some time figuring that out so that it does not happen again. Nonetheless, all is good now. Hope this helps anyone having the same problem.

Thanks,

Reactions: Solo Keith
Thanks for the info here. I had the same problem (spinning yaw) after I used mission planner to balance the motors. Must have changed something without realising. Reset the file to 0, recalibrate compass and level and steady as a rock.

Reactions: PdxSteve
I have the same problem. Here is my log bin. It will be nice if someone could help me.
Thanks, Gil

Attachments

• 2017-02-24 15-01-22.zip
    4 MB · Views: 3
If all of your motors and ESCs are working correctly, somehow it's likely that your 'copter type' parameter has changed. Using Tower or MP change the parameter SYSID_SW_MREV to 0 and reboot. This will reset the parameters to factory.

Reactions: gilrito
I see this an old thread, but I had the same problem when I bought a used drone. Fellow said it was ok. I spun up the motors without props, checked the gimbal with a camera and all looked fine until first flight. First liftoff I was caught off guard having never seen this. Flipped and bucked on the driveway. I did level and compass calibrations. Second flight was no better and I was ready on the throttle. As soon as it lifted it started to spin. Pulled throttle down for a right side up landing this time.

Did the parameters reset, calibrations and Solo flew normally.

Lesson learned...don't fly a 'strange' drone 1st time off your concrete driveway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig