Solo Post Update Validation flight

Reaction score
Hi,
New to the forum and solo. In reading some issues users had with their solo post the 2.4 update, or issues in general I have a thought:

Has anyone setup a flight that is designed to evaluate the performance. The solo would fly a certain path and afterwards the flight parameters would be evaluated to check for anomalies like dift etc.
Could be take off, move in a box for 2 revolutions, hover for couple min.

Then afterwards evaluate the logs.

I would like to setup something like this, potentially with tower to check Solo's performance.
Let me know if you've done something like this, in addition to the regular pre flight checks.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Hi kiterwolf- welcome to the forum? I haven't heard of anybody doing that.

If your bird is flying OK, then I don't see any point in trying to diagnose a problem that doesn't exist.

You would have to test a known "sick" bird and examine the results. Unfortunately the "sickness" usually shows up just before a crash.

Hopefully everybody who has experienced a crash or strange behavior is sending the logs to 3DR for analysis. And hopefully they will figure out the problem(s) and send out a fix ASAP!

If you have a sick bird but want to, or are able to, fly that test program, many here would love to see your results.:D

I guess my point is before I fly over water or other remote areas I want to 100% make sure that everything is ok. So do a ground check list and then one in flight maybe?

I guess my point is before I fly over water or other remote areas I want to 100% make sure that everything is ok. So do a ground check list and then one in flight maybe?
Oh, I guess I misunderstood your post.

Yes, a test flight would be a great idea.

Any good pilot would test out that new hardware is sound, one flight or a couple of dozen. That's what makes them a good pilot. Regardless of the brand chosen.

As to 2.4, everyone experiences are different, as are everyone's experience level. I think you'll learn in time hype versus reality when reading a forum. The lack of details provided, when someone states the "sky is falling", indicates a marginal pilot. At least in my opinion.

Besides, 3DR provides a one year marginal pilot warranty. If the bird falls to the ground/water due to a manufacture defect and the logs concur, you get a replacement....

I think your idea is sound, testing prior to "lose all" flight over water. Get some stick time and build your confidence in the platform that it does as commanded and as expected.

Reactions: SARDG
I guess my point is before I fly over water or other remote areas I want to 100% make sure that everything is ok.

I am thinking the opposite actually.
If I fly to verify, I would want to be over water or remote area or an area where I can not hit anyone if something went wrong with my drone.
Loosing a drone maybe financially painful, but if our drone hit someone in the face and the propellers can do so much harm, either I get sued or morally I am guilty to a point 10times the price of a drone can't justify.

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150