Solo parts

Reaction score
I'm looking for some motor pod connection wires and other miscellaneous parts for the Solo but am having a really hard time locating anyone selling anything. Does anyone know of a place where I can buy Solo replacement parts.

Thanks

What I need is electrical. Thanks though Dash. I'm looking for a retailer that sells the electrical components for the 3DR solo. No one knows I guess lol.

What parts are you looking for?
Motor pod wires aren't available.
The only parts available will be what is on the 3DR website, Amazon, B&H Photo, etc.

I haven't found a source for the motor control wires either, haven't looked hard though. I did buy the connectors to build, but my crimper is too large for these very-very small terminals. I was looking to replace my gimbal's data cables as well. So I'm debating a tool for this application and a microscope so I can see the terminals....;)

I did some research and the cables could be made commercially. To make it cost effective however you'd need to buy 1000's of assemblies. It would be nice if 3DR did offer said cables.

@Vu.3DR

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex Barlow and J R
What parts are you looking for?
Motor pod wires aren't available.
The only parts available will be what is on the 3DR website, Amazon, B&H Photo, etc.
I'm looking for the motor control wire assemblies. I'm rebuilding after a fatal crash and noticed some wear through the tiny wire sheaths almost completely through the wire itself. Find it extremely annoying parts like this can't be purchased. I guess I'll have to bring the cable in to an electronic repair shop and see what they can do to either repair or replacement the wire and use the existing connector.

Reactions: J R
I'm looking for the motor control wire assemblies. I'm rebuilding after a fatal crash and noticed some wear through the tiny wire sheaths almost completely through the wire itself. Find it extremely annoying parts like this can't be purchased. guess I'll have to bring the cable in to an electronic repair shop and see what they can do to either repair or replacement the wire and use the existing connector.
Would liquid electrical tape work to strengthen and insulate the damaged area?

The more I look at the wire it was caused by the original assembly. The main motor red wire is also cut through the sheath as well. Poor workmanship.

Attachments

• 20160422_181845.jpg
    20160422_181845.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
The main motor wire

Attachments

• 20160422_181906.jpg
    20160422_181906.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Well it could be a case that the leg screws protrudes into the arm by about 3mm, the fine threads are fairly sharp. Either of the assemblers could have caused the breaks. Chicken or the egg... I'm going to file mine down, it's an easy DIY fix and will reduce this from happening..

Like MD said, liquid tape would work.

I am currently assembling my DIY quad. I'm looking for motor pod connection wires as well. I have to connect esc signal to solo simonk esc connector. What is right pin number? Any help would be very much appreciate.

I am not hacker. I could provide PO number for motor racing pods and system components kit...
Waiting for feed back
Alexis

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Cynfab. I have learned a lot about JST-XH 8PIN/ 7S.
My question is about pin connection bwn 3 pins PDB connector to 8 pins ESC connector? see pictor below. Any suggestion ?

Attachments

• my  question.JPG
    my question.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 44
Sorry, I have no clue as to which pins on the 3DR motor pod are which. Haven't had a need to know that info yet, maybe someday.

Thanks a lot Cynfab. I have learned a lot about JST-XH 8PIN/ 7S.
My question is about pin connection bwn 3 pins PDB connector to 8 pins ESC connector? see pictor below. Any suggestion ?

@Frerejean they are not JST-XH connectors, they are way too big.
Im fairly certain they are 8 pin DF13 connector, and of course standard bullets for the power.

In the picture below you can see which wires are needed to run a Solo ESC on a standard PWM input.
The yellow wire is PWM signal, black is 'ground', no need for a positive to the ESC as it is getting its positive from the bullet connector.

Without any data from the pixhawk, the leds in the motor pods will be green by default.
imgp4638-jpg.2059

Have y'all tried contacting Current UAS - UAV Repair Services to see if they have the parts you are looking for? I'm pretty sure they sell everything for the Solo.

I've already gone through them for a few items. They are quick to respond and ship.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus