Solo Long Range Antenna

Yea really wasn't my intent. Was going to wait out the gimbal but after having a hardware failure of a different nature this time I was done. Maybe come back for Solo 2 (Duo).
curious.
what was the hardware problem that you had that made you decide to return it to 3dr.
thx D
Yea really wasn't my intent. Was going to wait out the gimbal but after having a hardware failure of a different nature this time I was done. Maybe come back for Solo 2 (Duo).

curious.
what was the hardware problem that you had that made you decide to return it to 3dr.
thx D

Dirby the video starting flaking out. Rolling during FPV, framing and hard to even start on occasion. It would do it more under full stick movments.

But that was not the reason I returned it. That was just final straw.

Dirby the video starting flaking out. Rolling during FPV, framing and hard to even start on occasion. It would do it more under full stick movments.

But that was not the reason I returned it. That was just final straw.
Rich what i realy need to do is send my solo to you and let you fly it for a couple of weeks than you could tell me if i should keep it or send it back.
thx D

Why. I am sure it flies just like mine Dirby. Well when mine worked.

Why. I am sure it flies just like mine Dirby. Well when mine worked.
you were probably doing a lot more things with your solo than i ever could imagine.
i am happy when i take the solo out start it up fly a battery to 25 percent than land it.
dosen't take much to satisfy me.

Very cool.
So all I need is the Itelite antenna and fabricate a bracket?

I received MY DBS Mod Antenna yesterday. Wow! What a difference it made. Kudos to the fellow Floridians. The antenna worked perfect. I got twice as far as then with the stock ones. Video was clear. Before DBS 500-600ft depending on altitude RTH, With DBS 1300 still working at -67db.
Takes my Solo to a whole new level.
Thanks guys!

Just so everyone is aware DSLRPros has built a 2.5 mile antenna for Solo. I've ordered one. Delivery sometime in August. I'm going to try the DBS Mods on Solo 1 and the DSLR on Solo 2 and see what the difference is if any.
What is the model of the antenna? How can I order one?

dbsmods.com

Just order the one for the P3. Just have to rework the mount slightly.

All external. Wires just attach where stock antennas are. That is one nice thing about the Solo is antenna mods no matter what you buy are easy !

All external. Wires just attach where stock antennas are. That is one nice thing about the Solo is antenna mods no matter what you buy are easy !

I like the looks and mount of the FPVLR. Is there a major difference between it and the DBS one? Let me rephrase that. What is the pros and cons of each?

I have not had a FPVLR since my Vision Plus Phantom. It worked great but have not tried one on the Solo.

The FPVLR has a plastic mount ready to go. The DBS one is offered only for the P3 so you need to modify the mount.

The thing I liked about the DBS is his video showing it go 1000' off the side. So not very twitchy.

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

All I can say concretely is I went 2.1 miles out of a hole with the Solo with the DBS.

I have not had a FPVLR since my Vision Plus Phantom. It worked great but have not tried one on the Solo.

The FPVLR has a plastic mount ready to go. The DBS one is offered only for the P3 so you need to modify the mount.

The thing I liked about the DBS is his video showing it go 1000' off the side. So not very twitchy.

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

All I can say concretely is I went 2.1 miles out of a hole with the Solo with the DBS.
So basically with the DBS one you dont have to watch as bad as to having it pointed toward it at all times. And the FPVLR needs to be pointed at it? I posted the thread 500-600 feet and still suffering from it I dont need really no more than right at a thousand here on our farm as that is line of sight. Just need to get past that 600 feet. Im so use to my Inspire and P3 and others going the distance now need the solo to get out there.(again not bashing the solo)

I cant say the FPVLR is any worse. He has good stuff. I just decided to try a DBS panel this time. I am very pleased with it. I have one on the P3 as well. Scary long distance with it on the P3.

Your issue at the farm seems to be more a hardware problem than a Solo design problem. LOS I would think any Solo should run half mile.

I cant say the FPVLR is any worse. He has good stuff. I just decided to try a DBS panel this time. I am very pleased with it. I have one on the P3 as well. Scary long distance with it on the P3.

Your issue at the farm seems to be more a hardware problem than a Solo design problem. LOS I would think any Solo should run half mile.

Well I just ordered the FPVLR we shall see. Im gonna run down the road to another large open area and see what happens and will report back with the factory antenna.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44