Solo controller no longer produces WIFI!

More out of curiosity than anything else I'd love to have a quick look at it sometime.
I have the soldering tools and 2.4Ghz test gear to be able to get a good idea on what is going on.

But other than that I agree (if the connectors aren't damaged) this might be a good time to try upgrading the wifi card inside.
If that doesn't work then use the better card in your good transmitter :)

I just experienced the same issue. Wifi stopped working. Actually my controller would not shut off so I removed the battery. Replace battery and now no wifi. Because it is only a week old I am not going to tear it apart until after I here something back from 3DR. If they are no help then I will be doing the wifi upgrade, and hope that fixes it.

I talked to Owen at 3DR and he sent me a walk thru to see if there is an issue or not. After following his step with removing the SD card it worked again, 4 times of off and on and it still worked. Hopefully it is fixed.

so the sd card thats inside the controller that has that sealing dot of glue to keep it in place?
Remove and re insert the card got everything working again?

if so thats good info to file away

so the sd card thats inside the controller that has that sealing dot of glue to keep it in place?
Remove and re insert the card got everything working again?

if so thats good info to file away

Yes he even sent me a PDF to follow. Now, I am not saying that's the fix I'm just saying it worked this time. Ill be taking it out to fly this weekend and I will know when I get back home if that was the fix.

Attachments

• controller-sdcard.pdf
    635.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Ya know, it's pretty nice that we still get support even though the Solo is no longer being produced. I'll bet DJI customers wish they had the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso