Solo beta App....for android devices not compatible with the main app

Reaction score
https://plus.google.com/communities/104802990247294248544

if you join the group then you can download the latest solo app in beta form and try it on your non-compatible device.

Android only though.....Apple does not allow Beta releases.

I have been using the original 1.0.0 app on my non-compatible LG G2 phone with no problems, but this will allow for the updated 1.0.1 app to be installed without trying to find the .apk file from shady websites.

of course it is beta, so 3DR does not guarantee it will work.

https://plus.google.com/communities/104802990247294248544

if you join the group then you can download the latest solo app in beta form and try it on your non-compatible device.

I have been using the original 1.0.0 app on my non-compatible LG G2 phone with no problems, but this will allow for the updated 1.0.1 app to be installed without trying to find the .apk file from shady websites.

This is a great tip! Thanks!

It allowed me to install the Solo App on my Motorola Razr Maxx HD, where the standard Android store said it was 'incompatible'. It's much easier (and safer) than giving my Google credentials to a third party app. ;)

Solo Beta - Community - Google+

Thanks very much. All working now.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Weird I joined and am now a "tester" but the links are not working to "download".

all lead to failed URL page. Just me?

I4nf2Yv.png

EDIT: Okay nevermind I restarted my browser and it works now, but still the beta is incompatible with my older Galaxy tab :\

This is why I don't buy new tablets, because within 1-2 years nothing is compatible and you have to buy another new one.

I'm basically going to have to buy a new 7" or 8" tablet JUST for my Solo, or continue using my phone

Last edited:
Weird I joined and am now a "tester" but the links are not working to "download".

all lead to failed URL page. Just me?

I4nf2Yv.png

EDIT: Okay nevermind I restarted my browser and it works now, but still the beta is incompatible with my older Galaxy tab :\

This is why I don't buy new tablets, because within 1-2 years nothing is compatible and you have to buy a new one.
I assume if you're not running at least Android 4.3, the beta still won't work. I would guess that it needs to use some API that was introduced with that version of the OS

The beta app page says specifically:
"Requires Android: 4.0 and up"

So, not sure why this is not installable on 4.2 devices. If it required 4.3 they should list that in the requirements. Also, I heard others have successfully got it working below 4.3 but I haven't been able to validate that yet

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44