Android Users; Need 'Record To Camera Roll'?..

Reaction score
On Dec 2, a new Beta was released for the Android version of the Solo App. You need to be a member of the Beta group and if not can join here.. Direct DL Here. Primary change was the ability to record to camera roll. FYI.. It puts the video in your 'Movies' directory, not DCIM. Personally I don't have a use for it, but it's a nice feature for those that can use it. Remember, it is 720p only. To get to the settings, it is at the bottom of your GP control settings.

WHAT'S NEW
What’s new in version 1.3.1:
- Added support for video in-app recording.
- Bug fixes.
- Control the GoPro on your Solo right from the app!
You can change:
- GoPro capture mode
- Video Resolution
- Video Frame-rate
- Video Field of View
- Photo Resolution
- Auto Low-Light Mode
- Protune on/off

Reactions: Burkeam
Any mention of PAL in that Beta?
And, I thought there was already full control of the GP in 1.3.0. anyway.

tested the beta version 1.3.1
I think there will be corrected PAL

I like the idea of record to camera roll, simply because it allows for quick review of a shot, make sure you got what you wanted before moving onto the next set up.

Reactions: RichWest
I'm kindof surprised recording to the phone isn't mandatory, with an option to delete on a successful landing. That video could be quite useful, like the flight logs, in the event of a flyaway or crash.

Any mention of PAL in that Beta?
And, I thought there was already full control of the GP in 1.3.0. anyway.
Didn't see any specific mention to PAL yet. As far as control, there were probably some minor bug fixes.

I'm new to Android. My solo arrives tomorrow, so I'm new to that. Have an iPad mini 2 for my main tablet. But was given a Samsung tab 4 (wifi only) that I wanted to play around with for Tower. I downloaded this new beta. With saving to camera roll, if I put a 32 gig so card in the tab, will it save the video to that, since the tab is only 8gig?

Thanks
Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado