Solo Batteries Almost Free and Going Fast!

Interesting that the Best Buy package that includes an extra battery is still available to ship. Looks like they're reserving batteries for those packages. They're showing as still available at my local store... must... resist...

Resistance is futile!

Bahaha! Couldn't "resist" :)

I'm trying to resist buying more. I have 6 now. Although I may have sacrificed one over the weekend, so maybe I need to buy one more... or two more... or three.
Pedals2Paddles, do you have to keep track of which controller goes with which Solo? I have 2 Solos and 2 Controllers and I'm confused as to whether I need to keep them "coupled" up or not. Thanks in advance, I know with 6 in the hanger you have to have the answer to this by experience. :)

Pedals2Paddles, do you have to keep track of which controller goes with which Solo? I have 2 Solos and 2 Controllers and I'm confused as to whether I need to keep them "coupled" up or not. Thanks in advance, I know with 6 in the hanger you have to have the answer to this by experience. :)

I can answer that, I have three Solo's. Yes, you have to keep track of which controller is which because each is "paired" to a specific Solo. And you can only have one controller paired to one Solo at a time. There is a procedure to pair a controller to a Solo but obviously you wouldn't want to have to do that every time you took the wrong controller with.

Reactions: MCSPDX
If you have 3+ batteries, is it best to use all of them in constant rotation or just one until it dies with all others stored at 50%? What is the useful life of the battery and how long will it stay good if stored at 50%?

I just picked up a 3rd battery(original then 2 spares) and found the BB had spare props too so i bought 2 more sets. asked if they might have the bags too because i mean the props were off the site but they had them. They didnt have the bag, BUT they were able to order it for me not at the $35 but $52 is still better than everywhere else lol

I knew I should have jumped on the 29 buck deal..

You and me both. Well, here's hoping SQS, (whoever that is), is a reliable source 'cause I just picked up two more for safe keeping.

In the back of my mind I keep hearing, "necessity is the mother of invention". There's just GOT to be an enterprising 16-year old out there who's already figured out how to mass produce better replacement batteries and will eclipse my whole life's earnings in four months by serving guys like me who just want to see the little green lights come on.

The Solo parts inventory is quickly evaporating! Best Buy has just dropped their Solo battery price to a paltry $29.99.

At that price, these batteries, which just months ago sold for $150, will disappear in a hurry.

3DR is still selling the Solo via Sitescan, right? I agree that getting more batteries is a good idea, but wouldn't that mean batteries will be available for a long time?

--

Bill

Reactions: gnomad
The Solo parts inventory is quickly evaporating! Best Buy has just dropped their Solo battery price to a paltry $29.99.

At that price, these batteries, which just months ago sold for $150, will disappear in a hurry. In my area, there don't appear to be any batteries available within a 250-mile radius, so it's likely that you'll have to have your batteries shipped from the Best Buy warehouse. The good news is that it appears that 2-day shipping is free for any purchases of $35 or more.

Click here to go directly to the battery page on Best Buy's site. I'd hurry!

UPDATE:

Aside from potential local store inventory and the $299 bundle including an extra battery, it appears that Best Buy is out of Solo batteries.

New batteries are still available on Amazon here with free Prime 2-day shipping for $40. With Best Buy's inventory all but gone, I'm betting that these on Amazon will either get more expensive quickly or disappear altogether.

I was told the reason there are no batteries currently available is because customers who bought the bundle offer were given a "voucher" for a 2nd battery because they were out of stock when the bundle was purchased. Best Buy is playing catch up to get batteries to those who have already purchased them as part of a bundle. Once they are caught up, the batteries will be available again. Even if you buy a bundle today, if the extra battery is not in stock, you will get a voucher for it. BUT, the store will subtract the price if the extra battery, the gimbal and the extra prop set if they are out of stock AND you don't want a voucher. So, you could walk into a store with the Solo in stock, OPT OUT of the extras and walk out with a solo for $205 if you ask for it

I was told the reason there are no batteries currently available is because customers who bought the bundle offer were given a "voucher" for a 2nd battery because they were out of stock when the bundle was purchased. Best Buy is playing catch up to get batteries to those who have already purchased them as part of a bundle. Once they are caught up, the batteries will be available again. Even if you buy a bundle today, if the extra battery is not in stock, you will get a voucher for it. BUT, the store will subtract the price if the extra battery, the gimbal and the extra prop set if they are out of stock AND you don't want a voucher. So, you could walk into a store with the Solo in stock, OPT OUT of the extras and walk out with a solo for $205 if you ask for it

Making me think about going and getting a second one for spares or to give to my daughter. $205 for this drone is absolutely a crazy price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought myself 3dr with extra battery and gimbal and props. bought another battery($35) so I have 3 now. Just bought antennas ($14) for better distance and used goPro HERO4 black($240). So all total of maybe around $600. I will use goPro for motorcycle rides and in car as well. I had another gopro that I had to sell and buy this one so it is compatible. Not bad of a deal.

Reactions: Spectre95
This posting is about the deal at Best Buy on the Ginbals. I have a working one now, and 2 that don't work.

For just under $40, I bought 2 today at my local USA Best Buy. In Canada, everything is gone. It's not listed as a product online, and my local store still has the display controller and screen, but no product to back it up.

So that gives me 5 batteries, 12 complete sets of props, 3 Gimbals, and one Solo.

I'd really like to find one of the Solo shells on clear out, so in the event of a bad crash I could rebuild it. I don't feel the need or desire to buy a complete Solo as a backup. it would cost $400 CDN. Thats more than all my spares.

Why are many of you justifying purchasing as many as 6 spares (That's $1,800 or more if you bought them as the price went down). That seems like a lot of money to spend on a Hobby. If it's a business, that's a lot of money to lock up in unused spares.

This posting is about the deal at Best Buy on the Ginbals. I have a working one now, and 2 that don't work.

For just under $40, I bought 2 today at my local USA Best Buy. In Canada, everything is gone. It's not listed as a product online, and my local store still has the display controller and screen, but no product to back it up.

So that gives me 5 batteries, 12 complete sets of props, 3 Gimbals, and one Solo.

I'd really like to find one of the Solo shells on clear out, so in the event of a bad crash I could rebuild it. I don't feel the need or desire to buy a complete Solo as a backup. it would cost $400 CDN. Thats more than all my spares.

Why are many of you justifying purchasing as many as 6 spares (That's $1,800 or more if you bought them as the price went down). That seems like a lot of money to spend on a Hobby. If it's a business, that's a lot of money to lock up in unused spares.

I personally have two units, 5 batteries, 10 sets of square blades, 1 backpack and an extra gimbal. I won't go any farther than that as a hobbyist. I agree that investing $2,000 in a mostly dead platform does seem like a lot.. Especially with the way that GoPro is heading and the lack of Hero 4s on the market. Heck, all of the new drones are coming out with crash avoidance and way longer range for that kind of money or less.

Besides, I'm guessing that my two units will last me quite a long time barring any problems or crashes. By then, I'm expecting some new and even better drones to be out! Who knows, maybe 3DR will make a comeback? I can almost guarantee that there was a Solo 2 at least in the planning stages before they bowed out.

Wish I had some money to buy this stuff, but I just bought the drone and spent every penny I had on that and a iPad Mini 2 to use with the drone.

...Why are many of you justifying purchasing as many as 6 spares (That's $1,800 or more if you bought them as the price went down). That seems like a lot of money to spend on a Hobby. If it's a business, that's a lot of money to lock up in unused spares.
...if only my other hobbies cost that little. :(

DSC02748.JPG

DSC02749.JPG
DSC02751.JPG
wspassfrlow.jpg

They don't make any of these anymore either yet I am happy pour money into them. I don't have to justify to ANYONE how I spend my money on my own enjoyment and entertainment. As SARDG said, I wish my other hobbies were as inexpensive as the drone one. I'm just trying to come up with ways to blend my car and drone hobbies together in some way.

When Best Buy's broker.
o_O"Inve$ting" in $olo:rolleyes:
I have more $olo$$$ and gimbal$$$$$ and batterie$$$$$$$$$ and prop$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and backpack$$ and GoPro$$$ than I need :cool:
I have a $pare to go on flying when one of them crashe$ :)
When the batterie$$$$$$$$$ don't hold charge anymore, all my $olos are brick$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig