Solo Batteries Almost Free and Going Fast!

Just went to fry's in Houston and they have over 10 batteries in stock now at $44 each. Also have the gimbal for $77. I did not see any propellers.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

View attachment 5190

View attachment 5191
View attachment 5192
View attachment 5193

They don't make any of these anymore either yet I am happy pour money into them. I don't have to justify to ANYONE how I spend my money on my own enjoyment and entertainment. As SARDG said, I wish my other hobbies were as inexpensive as the drone one. I'm just trying to come up with ways to blend my car and drone hobbies together in some way.

I don't think it's a "justification" issue. Since this is a discussion forum, it's just a conversation topic at most.

Why are many of you justifying purchasing as many as 6 spares (That's $1,800 or more if you bought them as the price went down). That seems like a lot of money to spend on a Hobby. If it's a business, that's a lot of money to lock up in unused spares.

I don't think it's a "justification" issue. Since this is a discussion forum, it's just a conversation topic at most.

Tell that to cameraguy, he's the one who started the "justifying" comment.

Reactions: SARDG
Tell that to cameraguy, he's the one who started the "justifying" comment.

Hmmm...you're right. I'm with you on hobbies btw. I have two sport bikes that cost a lot more per year than drone flying! Not to mention club racing. Heck, I could buy 30 Solos for what I have in my surround sound system. It's all in what you love! I apologize, I didn't realize he was referencing you with the "justifying" comment. No one has to justify anything they do with their money as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: gnomad and SARDG
I just posted about replacement props.

I just posted about replacement props. I ordered a full set, with nuts, prop bag and a shot glass doily(prop cleaning cloth)
www.masterairscrew.com they are located in Rancho Cordova, CA.
17.95 plus shipping
This company has been around for years.
Geez, that's weird. I was just looking at those last night. I'm trying to figure out if the different colors work with the Solo.

Geez, that's weird. I was just looking at those last night. I'm trying to figure out if the different colors work with the Solo.

I spoke with their customer service about that. I want some green and white props. She said she would let the boss know.
I also suggested that they need to get some hats and T-shirt's. I even have them a suggestion for a shirt.
"Get screwed by a master"
"Master Airscrew"
Also..
"Need a good screw?"
"Master Airscrew "
And....
" need a PROPper screw"
"Master Airscrew "
Lol

Reactions: Bombadillo
I have a few sets of the Master Airscrew props, and like them. I'll order some more, but going to wait and see if the proce doesn't come down a little, after all the Solo frenzy.

I spoke with their customer service about that. I want some green and white props. She said she would let the boss know.
I also suggested that they need to get some hats and T-shirt's. I even have them a suggestion for a shirt.
"Get screwed by a master"
"Master Airscrew"
Also..
"Need a good screw?"
"Master Airscrew "
And....
" need a PROPper screw"
"Master Airscrew "
Lol
Sweet! I was hoping the colored blades of the same size automatically worked. However, if they come out with colored ones that work, I'll be in.

Paint a landing pad on the roof of the car?.... That way you can stand eye to camera eye and cuss at it for not working and giving you a magnetic interference message.

This posting is about the deal at Best Buy on the Ginbals. I have a working one now, and 2 that don't work.

For just under $40, I bought 2 today at my local USA Best Buy. In Canada, everything is gone. It's not listed as a product online, and my local store still has the display controller and screen, but no product to back it up.

So that gives me 5 batteries, 12 complete sets of props, 3 Gimbals, and one Solo.

I'd really like to find one of the Solo shells on clear out, so in the event of a bad crash I could rebuild it. I don't feel the need or desire to buy a complete Solo as a backup. it would cost $400 CDN. Thats more than all my spares.

Why are many of you justifying purchasing as many as 6 spares (That's $1,800 or more if you bought them as the price went down). That seems like a lot of money to spend on a Hobby. If it's a business, that's a lot of money to lock up in unused spares.

Drones are cheap.
You want to spend alot of cash in a hobby, take up giant scale Rc planes.
I have a 3.31 meter fiberglass Comp Arf Yak 55 hanging in my garage, awaiting better weather to fly. The engine alone cost $2500.
All told, the full cost the original owner spent to get it airborne was a bit over $12k.

A hobby is what you make of it. There is no such thing as an inexpensive hobby. Its how far you take it that dictates what you spend in it.

Reactions: gnomad and SARDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela