Solo Backpack tip for batteries

Reaction score
So you have a bunch of batteries in your backpack and when you get home you can't remember which ones are discharged. This tip may help.

Backpack-Hack.jpg

Attachments

• Backpack-Hack.jpg
    Backpack-Hack.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
im doing the same in my goprofessional case, quick and easy to grab a charged battery (ive got 5)

Make sense for someone with only 2 batteries.. For persons with more than 3 batteries I suggest labeling the batts and depleting, using and recharging batteries in numerical order so that your batteries get somewhat equal usage. IMG_3759.JPG

Reactions: PdxSteve
As an old professional photographer we used this trick for a long time with all types of batteries. We didn't have to press any buttons or use labels or guess at which were the used batteries. We just knew with a quick glance.

I'm not saying this trick is for everyone, but it worked well for us out in the field for many years.

YMMV - Cheers!

I thought I posted, but do not see it. Anyway, also being a photographer, etc. I apply a label the date battery was bought, put a number on them, and use colored electricians tape to color code the batteries. I have 3 Solo batteries - first one green, second one yellow and third one red. I also do the upside down thing in the backpack, works great as Brett mentioned. The color coding/numbering sure helps - low light situations you know exactly which one you are using.

Cheers

1101151207.jpg 1101151206.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I was sooo cool since I've been doing this stuff. Yesss....even wear on the batteries!

Date them, number them and rotate evenly. Turn upside down in the case when depleted.

One thing I don't like about the softcase is when you're grabbing a battery out, you often have to grip it to pull it out right where the on/off button on the battery is, so you end up turning it on a lot when you didn't mean to. More of an annoyance than an issue... unless I don't notice it and leave the battery in the on state.

Reactions: Brett Foland
I thought I was sooo cool since I've been doing this stuff. Yesss....even wear on the batteries!

Date them, number them and rotate evenly. Turn upside down in the case when depleted.

One thing I don't like about the softcase is when you're grabbing a battery out, you often have to grip it to pull it out right where the on/off button on the battery is, so you end up turning it on a lot when you didn't mean to. More of an annoyance than an issue... unless I don't notice it and leave the battery in the on state.

I had the same issue hitting the button on the battery when taking the battery out of the backpack ...so now I store them upside down in the backpack..and it's easier to take them out that way to!! Problem solve:)

Reactions: PdxSteve
I had the same issue hitting the button on the battery when taking the battery out of the backpack ...so now I store them upside down in the backpack..and it's easier to take them out that way to!! Problem solve:)

I would an recommend upgrade to the Solo battery packs, which would be a mechanical lock/switch for the power button. I have that on some of my other high end equipment - that way you can pack it away and not worry about powering it up. Or set a longer delay on button/battery activation would work - say 10 seconds or so.

Cheers

Reactions: Del

Yes, I've also changed to fully charged, ass up. Depleted, ass down. Just doesn't look as pretty and counter intuitive lol.

Reactions: Brett Foland
For balancing the cycles on your battery supply i would recommend using RCLogBook, you can keep track of all of your batteries from first time use to retirement and even keep track of the solo maintenance and flight hours, even allows you to make a preflight checklist and a regular maintenance checklist that occurs after a certain number for flights or hours. Really nice app to keep track.

As far as the positioning in the back pack goes I'm all for just tapping the button, the finger allowance on the side makes it really easy and it takes about 2 seconds to readout but to each his/ her own

Just take a three-inch piece of electrical tape (the cloth stuff, not the cheap stuff), fold the first 1.5 inch over on itself, press the renaming onto the battery bottom, and you're set.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado