Solo App and Props

Reaction score
Hello - I'm a new Solo owner and excited for the journey. A few questions of course:

I have tried to register for the 3DR Solo app on both a Samsung and a Nexus device - no dice. Either time when I try to register for the app, it hangs and doesn't allow me to register. If I understand correctly, I need to do this do fine tune some of the pre-flight settings that I should be getting used to.

Which takes me to my second point...

I took a small test flight in the backyard today and as other drone owners have told me "you will crash it". So of course I did. Problem was, it crashed into the side of the house and broke 3 out of 4 of the propellers. Granted it drifted away from me very suddenly, I think it may have been a GPS signal problem. I do have the spare 2 that came with the drone, but not enough for a full set.
Since new props for the Solo seem more rare to find than gold recently, can I use other brands with the Solo for small training flights until new props come in? I have only found 3DR compatible props through APC or Airscrew, which seem like they'll take a while to come in.

If they fit, I was thinking of running back to Best Buy and picking up some Phantom 3 props so I can test the drone this weekend while I wait for the official props to come in. I realize they won't be optimal of course, I just need something that I can practice with before I start using the drone to it's fullest extent.

Wow, just read your post and your experience is an exact mirror of mine ( registering, crashing into my house on first flight and damaging props). I've now got other issues, but that's in my thread... Just to give you the heads up, I ended up scoring 5 sets of props on EBay for under $100 Australian from the US. I think that's a pretty good deal and they are all new and authentic 3dr Solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same experience last night trying to register. Anyone know how to fix this or is it necessary to register?

I had the same experience last night trying to register. Anyone know how to fix this or is it necessary to register?

I reinstalled the Solo app on my tablet after a factory reset; getting the same issue. I have a way around it though; I have Solex. Not the cheapest solution, but it works.

And no, you can skip registration. It's only needed to make it easy to submit support tickets.

Thanks for the quick response! I was just watching the past present and future video where he mentioned the solex app. I just got the Solo a couple of days ago and have not even flown it yet. This is my first drone so I'll probably play with it for a little while before starting to upgrade. Or who knows, I may start ordering stuff tonight!

Andrew is correct - I spoke to 3DR yesterday and they have turned off the registration process - it does not effect the use of the application in any way however.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus