Solo announcement at NAB

Remember, GoPro has a huge stake in this NAB too, so watch for announcements from there too.

Gopro just announced that they are now opening up to the Dev world for the gopro connector on the back. SO not just closed loop companies can design for gopro now its more open! Watch for lots of other drones copying 3dr!! So 3dr Is going to need to change up cameras/mounts/ supports for growth! Im sure the scanning software will be cool too!

Gopro just announced that they are now opening up to the Dev world for the gopro connector on the back. SO not just closed loop companies can design for gopro now its more open! Watch for lots of other drones copying 3dr!! So 3dr Is going to need to change up cameras/mounts/ supports for growth! Im sure the scanning software will be cool too!
Funny, that was one of the things I've mentioned they could do to really help themselves. You'll sell a lot more product if others can openly develop for it.

but you have to apply with your idea and some basic company info then if you get approved it's $100-$1000(depending on the support level) per year to access the dev kit. So yes it opens up some potential but it also very much a revenue op for GOpro..basically a licensing deal masquerading as a devkit.

Reactions: Tamj
but you have to apply with your idea and some basic company info then if you get approved it's $100-$1000(depending on the support level) per year to access the dev kit. So yes it opens up some potential but it also very much a revenue op for GOpro..basically a licensing deal masquerading as a devkit.

Exactly. I see how it can be a business opportunity but it feels like a low blow because I see a lot of great ideas from the community and a majority won't be able to take advantage of it.

Fortunately, there's still an older and cumbersome but working method to interact with the GoPro's APIs.

I'm disappointed not to see something more interesting from GoPro. Had my credit card already for a Hero 5 that had 4K 60 or 120 fps. Built in ND filters, higher quality capture. Something, Anything to improve the output.

They recently hired an Apple executive from the design team. It's a big deal. That doesn't happen in Apple's world.

The thing is I don't care what the camera looks like, I care what it can do.

So it appears they have stalled in development. That's sad for sure.

You have not been keeping up, no one following the 5 expected it at NAB, maybe a peek at karma. It's early in the week though

3D Robotics @3DRobotics

Colin Guinn today at NAB re: SOLO platform: "It's gonna be a fun year,,we have alot of really awesome stuff on the roadmap...some of the stuff we wanted to show here, but we didn't want to show too early, , but alot of really cool stuff coming throughout the year"

CgWVlIJUkAADG86.jpg:large

CgWVlH1VAAAgYfU.jpg:large

CgWVlKpUYAAYTN_.jpg:large

Reactions: Richard Nawara
Solo NAB Announcements

Get ready for more cutting-edge Solo software updates from 3DR! The new suite includes augmented reality and interactive scene awareness, and two brand new Smart Shots. We’ll be rolling these updates out for all Solo users in the coming months. Read on for more info!

Meet the new Smart Shots - Zipline and Pano

Zipline
Set an infinite cable in any direction, just by pushing a button. Fly up and down, controlling speed and direction as well as the camera. Zipline also has a “spot lock” feature, which works like an Orbit point of focus, but instead of a circle you’re flying on a line. Look at something, press spot lock and Solo keeps the camera fixed on it while Solo passes, for a dramatic flyby.

Pano
The perfect aerial panorama. Set up your shot, and Solo automatically pans and snaps the right photos at the right time.

Improved Safety - Rewind and Geofence

Custom Geofencing
Protect Solo by creating a customized virtual flight arena around it just by drawing on your screen. Do this before taking off, or move it around in real time while Solo is in the air.

Rewind
With the press of a button, Solo will retrace its exact flight path. Hit nothing going in? Hit nothing going out.

Introducing... Augmented Reality

The Solo app will overlay visuals in real time on your mobile screen. See your home point, or your Orbit point of focus, and eventually your Orbit flight path.

What exactly is the scene awareness feature? Is that like what the DJI has with one of their third party apps that shows a crowdsource data of buildings, trees, and landmarks nearby? (can't remember the name)?

Announcements to date in a nutshell...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44