Solo announcement at NAB

IT'S COMING, IT'S COMING!!!

Just heard from a trusted source:

"3DR will be coming out with announcements this year at NAB regarding a suite of transformative new software for the Solo Smart Drone platform that will make it more powerful, safe and versatile.

If you can agree to abide to an embargo that will lift on April 18th at 9AM PST, I’d be happy to share additional details + the press release with you. "

So, for the rest of us, we will speculate until Monday at 9am.
I agree

I'm disappointed not to see something more interesting from GoPro. Had my credit card already for a Hero 5 that had 4K 60 or 120 fps. Built in ND filters, higher quality capture. Something, Anything to improve the output.

They recently hired an Apple executive from the design team. It's a big deal. That doesn't happen in Apple's world.

The thing is I don't care what the camera looks like, I care what it can do.

So it appears they have stalled in development. That's sad for sure.

Not a prayer GoPro would release nor announce a model 5 at NAB. Their release schedule is far into the holiday season.
You'll not see reasonable 4K120, either. They might be dumb enough to do a sensor mask and then upsample, but I suspect they learnt their lesson the last time they screwed with resolution and image sizing.

Not a prayer GoPro would release nor announce a model 5 at NAB. Their release schedule is far into the holiday season.
You'll not see reasonable 4K120, either. They might be dumb enough to do a sensor mask and then upsample, but I suspect they learnt their lesson the last time they screwed with resolution and image sizing.

Source?

In almost all the rumor threads one theme is common
Dont look for the 5 until Fall of 2016
not sooner

Finally augmented reality. 3dr answer my problem about coming home manually when the pilot lose LOS with solo and its hard to look where the pilot is via solo fpv because the geography condition is confusing. This augmented reality is a game changing for me

Reactions: Tamj
I was referring to "I suspect they learnt their lesson the last time they screwed with resolution and image sizing"

They might be dumb enough to do a sensor mask and then upsample, but I suspect they learnt their lesson the last time they screwed with resolution and image sizing.

Douglas,

Can you explain more about the how they learnt their lesson last time? I've been an owner since HD1. So I don't know when I was fooled?

Source for? Their release schedule? I work in the industry. I'm very familiar with their release schedules; they've always been at the head of Q4. If you'd rather not believe my experience, dig into their press releases on their website. I'm certain it'll support what I'm saying.

As far as resolution/rescaling, in the Hero 2, there were scaling shifts in the way the imager was being cropped/read. It was a bad decision, due to wanting to create more framerate options, but costing the user quality in the final image. I'm sure there are more than a few web articles.

Thank you Douglas..

You seemed a little angry in your response. I wasn't challenging your statement in anyway, I just couldn't remember it. But then of course, I skipped version 2.

Sorry if I pissed you off. It was not my intention

not pissed off. mobile phone at convention makes for brevity which may come off as terse. my apologies

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44