Solex Indoor Profile

• Thread starter Deleted member 7413
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7413

Has anyone tried out the Solex Indoor flight profile to fly 3DF Solo indoors? If so, how does it fly (stable, controlled, etc)?

I've tried it. It's good for indoors in that it doesn't use baro-assisted altitude control (which can be disrupted by pressure changes in a building) or GPS (which doesn't work at all), but the throttle in Stabilize mode (the mod that doesn't use baro and GPS) is a bit twitchy. So I suggest practicing outside with it to get a feel for how it flies. You don't really want to experience Stablize's throttle response for the first time when there's a ceiling in the way. It can climb really fast in that mode. :)

I've tried it. It's good for indoors in that it doesn't use baro-assisted altitude control (which can be disrupted by pressure changes in a building) or GPS (which doesn't work at all), but the throttle in Stabilize mode (the mod that doesn't use baro and GPS) is a bit twitchy. So I suggest practicing outside with it to get a feel for how it flies. You don't really want to experience Stablize's throttle response for the first time when there's a ceiling in the way. It can climb really fast in that mode. :)

Thanks Kelly, good to know and will definitely take your recommendations and try it out outdoors first.
Cheers....Sam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks