Solex for Solo

My application wouldn't fix the crappy range, the 1+-second latency on the video, or the dropped connections I saw in the review video. It would be a shiny wrapper on a turd-sized lump o' coal. :)[/QUO
My application wouldn't fix the crappy range, the 1+-second latency on the video, or the dropped connections I saw in the review video. It would be a shiny wrapper on a turd-sized lump o' coal. :)

Understand

Uders

@Kelly Schrock, I have been having increasing problems with buttons not functioning when I touch them on the screen. I am using a Nexus 7 (2013) which I have had for some time.

I normally have an anti-glare shield on, but the problem persists even with it off.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Also, can the gimbal control on the Solex screen be turned off?
@Maddog
I extensively used both systems over the weekend, Both behaved normally.
As i said, I use a Nexus 6 "most recent android OS" & I use a ipad "Most recent ios"
Hope this helps

I have and use Solex and found that the "learning curve" like anything else new/unknown means spending more time out flying to understand this app! I do like what I have played around with thus far!

Reactions: Bdevis and speatuk
Hello everyone. I am glad I found solex. It seems to be exactly what I needed. I am just getting into the software and will be later updating the solo. I have several 3dr units 450. 550. Even the 8 motor version. I also have an iris + and solo.

SO, i'm wondering if it is a setting in solex or not that i need to change. upon flight today, when using selfie mode, the drone turns the opposite way, do i just need to activate it facing away from the subject?
also, upon low battery, RTH never triggered, to the extreme that when i manually activated RTH, the battery was so low that it died mid air and came crash landing. is there a setting i need to adjust?

Re-post from FaceBook
Kelly Schrock
21 hrs
1.3.5: The "Arm OK, you OK?" release.

When you first start building an app, it's like framing up a building. In 2 days, you go from a hole in the ground to a frame that looks like a building. By the time you get to the point where you're putting light switches and stuff in, progress slows somewhat. I'm currently building something "big" (probably the biggest feature so far) into Solex, but at the same time, taking care of issues people find while you're using the current version. So this update is to address some stuff you've found. Those things are:

. Fix maddening "Arm OK" message

Solex should no longer be chattering about "Arm OK".

. Add pref for gimbal touch control

Someone asked for the ability to make the gimbal pitch on the HUD view proportional, that is, not tied to the "Y" position of your finger on the screen when you swipe. So there's now a "Gimbal Relative Pitch" setting in App settings for that. Turn that on, and swiping considers the *current* "Y" position to be the top. It makes it a little easier to swipe the gimbal up. I'm undecided on which I like better, which is why I made it an option.
1f603.png
:-D

. Fix for TapToFly triggering on accident

It was possible for TapToFly to trigger after you'd dismissed it, which is annoying. That's fixed.

Final thing is the "unresponsive buttons" issue people have been mentioning. I put some logic in the app to monitor its own CPU usage and log it, and did a lot of testing this afternoon. The peak CPU usage I saw was 45% for a 5-second period, when the map view was loading. That's actually pretty good. That's also on a quad-core tablet, so it might appear higher on tablets with fewer CPUs. At one point, I saw a brief spike to 75% when I shut the Solo off and DroneKit pinged the wifi connection for several seconds. But that dropped off, and I wasn't able to reproduce it. I AM looking for this issue, and as soon as I'm able to reproduce it, I'll fix it and push another update.

It's "date night", I'm outta here.
1f603.png

Re-post from FaceBook
Kelly Schrock
21 hrs
1.3.5: The "Arm OK, you OK?" release.

When you first start building an app, it's like framing up a building. In 2 days, you go from a hole in the ground to a frame that looks like a building. By the time you get to the point where you're putting light switches and stuff in, progress slows somewhat. I'm currently building something "big" (probably the biggest feature so far) into Solex, but at the same time, taking care of issues people find while you're using the current version. So this update is to address some stuff you've found. Those things are:

. Fix maddening "Arm OK" message

Solex should no longer be chattering about "Arm OK".

. Add pref for gimbal touch control

Someone asked for the ability to make the gimbal pitch on the HUD view proportional, that is, not tied to the "Y" position of your finger on the screen when you swipe. So there's now a "Gimbal Relative Pitch" setting in App settings for that. Turn that on, and swiping considers the *current* "Y" position to be the top. It makes it a little easier to swipe the gimbal up. I'm undecided on which I like better, which is why I made it an option.
1f603.png

. Fix for TapToFly triggering on accident

It was possible for TapToFly to trigger after you'd dismissed it, which is annoying. That's fixed.

Final thing is the "unresponsive buttons" issue people have been mentioning. I put some logic in the app to monitor its own CPU usage and log it, and did a lot of testing this afternoon. The peak CPU usage I saw was 45% for a 5-second period, when the map view was loading. That's actually pretty good. That's also on a quad-core tablet, so it might appear higher on tablets with fewer CPUs. At one point, I saw a brief spike to 75% when I shut the Solo off and DroneKit pinged the wifi connection for several seconds. But that dropped off, and I wasn't able to reproduce it. I AM looking for this issue, and as soon as I'm able to reproduce it, I'll fix it and push another update.

It's "date night", I'm outta here.
1f603.png

You are the MAN!!!

Hi all

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was possible to use iOS in follow remote, I believe useing a dedicated web page not an app. Well, for the life of me I can't find it.

Would anyone who knows the web address for this be as kind to point me in the right direction please.

Thank you so much.

-Steve

Reactions: DJMc
Kelly,
quick question.
Is it possible for you, in some future update, allow Solex to change the LED's to red/Left and green/Right with perhaps the rear arm led's set to blink?

Would be a cool feature if possible.
thanks

Reactions: Zee Three
On my Galaxy S7 I'm getting the following message at Solex start-up:

Solex does not support the current Display size setting and may behave unexpectedly.

The weather's been so bad lately I haven't had an opportunity to fire up my Solos. I've used Solex with my Samsung Galaxy S7 before but never encountered this message in the past. Is there a setting I need to change to fix this issue? If so, I can't find it.

Please pardon my ignorance here, but this is all new to me (android, solex, 3DRPilots, I mean). I'm here because, like many others, my recent iOS update (10.3) rendered my iPhone 3DR app kaput. So I've scrambled to get my hands on an android-running device so I could buy solex and continue using the Solo, and I'm having some trouble getting things up and running.

I can't hardly get the live video feed to work. Once or twice, with lots of restarts and reboots I can get something to show up, but then I lose it right away again (I think I've eliminated the gimbal connections and the usb of my GoPro from being an issue). The video feed is almost non-existent, and I suspect it's related to the old device I'm using, but I'm not sure. Here's my info: I'm using a Samsung Note 2, running Android 4.4.2. Solex 1.3.6 (GoPro Hero4 Silver with updated firmware).

Could someone help me, please? Is it just that my android device is too old? Would a newer tablet be more reliable?

Thanks for your help!

Please pardon my ignorance here, but this is all new to me (android, solex, 3DRPilots, I mean). I'm here because, like many others, my recent iOS update (10.3) rendered my iPhone 3DR app kaput. So I've scrambled to get my hands on an android-running device so I could buy solex and continue using the Solo, and I'm having some trouble getting things up and running.

I can't hardly get the live video feed to work. Once or twice, with lots of restarts and reboots I can get something to show up, but then I lose it right away again (I think I've eliminated the gimbal connections and the usb of my GoPro from being an issue). The video feed is almost non-existent, and I suspect it's related to the old device I'm using, but I'm not sure. Here's my info: I'm using a Samsung Note 2, running Android 4.4.2. Solex 1.3.6 (GoPro Hero4 Silver with updated firmware).

Could someone help me, please? Is it just that my android device is too old? Would a newer tablet be more reliable?

Thanks for your help!
I found some posts from a few days ago stating 3DR is coming out with an update for iOS 10.3 "in a few weeks".
Solo app update

No idea how long it will really be.

Have no idea about your Note 2. Can you update the FW to something newer?

I'm using a Nexus 7 (2013) running 5.0.2 which works fine.

Hopefully somebody who knows more about the Note 2 will chime in.

Kelly,
quick question.
Is it possible for you, in some future update, allow Solex to change the LED's to red/Left and green/Right with perhaps the rear arm led's set to blink?

Would be a cool feature if possible.
thanks
I think he mentioned once before that he can't set the left to red and the right to green and that's why Solex currently has a "reversed" nav setting.

Hey thanks for the reply. I've maxed out the Note 2 in terms of Android, I think. I can't go any higher. It may just be that the Note 2 doesn't really work well with Solex, or something like that.

On my Galaxy S7 I'm getting the following message at Solex start-up:

Solex does not support the current Display size setting and may behave unexpectedly.

The weather's been so bad lately I haven't had an opportunity to fire up my Solos. I've used Solex with my Samsung Galaxy S7 before but never encountered this message in the past. Is there a setting I need to change to fix this issue? If so, I can't find it.

Same here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea