So I strapped my 360 camera to my Solo...

Nice - I like the 360 shots

Next time, try not to turn the Solo as much when recording in 360 - when panning to change to the view that I wanted to see, the Solo would turn and change my view.

Thanks for that, I kind of just went flying without much of a plan. Next time I'll try to stay on sightlines!

That's pretty damn awesome. What camera did you use and how did you mount it? Solo looks a little unsteady in flight partially because of lack of gimbal on top of drone I'm sure, but did mounting the camera on top also make the drone a little top heavy and unsteady?

I actually like it mounted on top, looking down on all four props, I think it's a unique point of view. Now, if one could make an extension bracket that put a GP6 maybe about 1 foot out the back and above the solo.... that could be a cool angle to watch a solo at work.

Awesome! just wondering why you didn’t mount the 360 cam to the bottom of the solo? Makes sense to fly in a straight line for the shots.
I may try and fly it with the camera underneath but I think it'll make viewing the video more difficult (I don't have very good editing software for 360 videos yet!). That and I'm always concerned about clearance, I have fold out legs now so it should be okay. I'll give a try and see how it goes.

I actually like it mounted on top, looking down on all four props, I think it's a unique point of view. Now, if one could make an extension bracket that put a GP6 maybe about 1 foot out the back and above the solo.... that could be a cool angle to watch a solo at work.
Yar that, I saw a video similar to what you're suggesting and it was really neat, the guy stabilized the video so the horizon stayed level and the quad tumbles and rolls in and out of the video (not a VR capable vid but made from a 360 cam).

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Anybody else not getting true HD clarity with this video. Just tried it on my I7, 4k screen, GTX1060 machine and it is not real crisp. Maybe my WiFi.

Could be youtube? Screen shot from MacBook Pro, youtube set to 1440k.

Anybody else not getting true HD clarity with this video. Just tried it on my I7, 4k screen, GTX1060 machine and it is not real crisp. Maybe my WiFi.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 7.27.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 7.27.59 PM.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 12
Even at the top resolution, it isn't as sharp as it should be. The PixPro is a better option but substantially more expensive (like 7x the cost!). And it definitely shows its pixels with some altitude!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44