Securing the Gimbal

Reaction score
When packing the Solo in a backpack or case, does anyone put that shipping foam that held the gimbal secure back on?

When I'm not using solo, I put the gimbal packing foam back on. Even if it's just sitting on my work bench. It's currently packed in the backpack, with the foam holding the gimbal.

I would say it's good insurance to protect the gimbal. Bagging the bird just implies it's going to be abused in transport. Removing the GP from the gimbal, when bagged, is a good idea as well.

Having said that I don't use mine ever, but then I travel by car to all locations. The gimbal is actually very sturdy, I treat mine fairly rough and it continues to perform very well.

I do.

I shaved a little foam off to make it easier to slide on and off.

I do.

I shaved a little foam off to make it easier to slide on and off.
Me too. This small strip on the left (when looking from birds front) ;)

Also gimbal protection foam always on, when Solo not powered.

When not in use, my Solo is in the GPC Hard case. I leave the GP in the gimbal and the gimbal rests level on the foam piece supplied by GPC in the case. Haven't used the original gimbal lock since installation.

I, too, use the foam for added support. Shaving the small lip from the foam makes it real easy to put it back on. I just feel I need to do all I can to help protect a $400 gimbal.

Yep, I use mine - it is called "Guardian of the Gimbal", after all!

I use mine whenever not flying. Wish it was orange though, I took off with it once ; /

Reactions: Cosber
I use mine whenever not flying. Wish it was orange though, I took off with it once ; /
Haha! Me too, more than once! Dang little thingamabob just plain seems to disappear hunkered down like that underneath everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado