Screw on Motherboard (?) Just Spins

Reaction score
Website
www.davincidronography.com
Yesterday while I was replacing my stock HDMI cable with the Relish 3D cable all was going well until the cable fell apart. (The plug separated from the cable.) I wrote Relish3D about it and they told me how to put the cable back together. (I'm out of town now but will do that when I return.) While reassembling the drone (didn't want to leave it apart) I noticed that one of the 4 screws holding the board in place would not take torque..it just spins. (This screw is on the "less busy" side of the board, near where there is little more than the wiring and such going to the two motors on that end.). I took the board back off and picked it up a bit..it looks like the screw goes into a white cylinder and this cylinder is just spinning. I am thinking that this cylinder should or would have been glued in place? It spins enough that I cannot get the screw out again, either. It seems like the board is secure (enough) without this screw doing anything..but does anyone else have any ideas or experience with this? I have only flown my drone a few times, mostly hampered by rolling (or no) video feed, bad weather or being out of town.

Any input is most appreciated.

thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron- I've had that problem before. That little "cylinder" is part of the shell below the board which has broken off.

Apparently the "plastic" isn't the best quality. It won't hurt to fly it that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig