Rook - world's first fly from anywhere drone...

Looks like a Syma X5C with a new camera on the bottom.
Can't imagine why you would need this..

Can't imagine why you would need this..

I can't imagine it'll work at all. Just can't see being able to reduce latency anywhere near enough to fly remotely. "Indoor stabilization" is fine, but it better have optical flow. All the stabilization in the world isn't going to keep it from drifting from it's own generated air currents. And landing back on the charging pad? Good luck without some type of automated landing.

This has the earmarks of yet another crowd funded disaster.

This image on their page should tell you all you need to know
do you really think this 99 dollar wonder is even on the same page as the others?

z73fK92 (1).png

I can't imagine it'll work at all. Just can't see being able to reduce latency anywhere near enough to fly remotely. "Indoor stabilization" is fine, but it better have optical flow. All the stabilization in the world isn't going to keep it from drifting from it's own generated air currents. And landing back on the charging pad? Good luck without some type of automated landing.

This has the earmarks of yet another crowd funded disaster.
And why would you need to fly remotely?

Oh, and who needs a flying security/surveillance system? I have one that already does all what rook claims it will do. It's monitored, so the police will be called if there's a break-in, it has lots more than 5 minutes of run time, and I can check the cameras from anywhere I can get an Internet connection.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44