Replacement Shell or new frame replacement

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Best Buy deal right now on the Solo. I know they are no longer making it and I'm not worried about that but I would like to be able to get a few parts for it. Right now I was looking at the shell and the few I can find are $99-150. Is that the best price I will find? That is half the cost of the complete drone.

Does anyone make an aftermarket frame that you can move the electronics to?
I have build many drones and have no problem moving the parts over or doing repairs but without a spare shell I may be screwed.

I assume the motors can be replaced with off the shelf motors. What about the ESC's, are the replaceable or are they all on one board?

I just want to be able to fly this for a couple years.

Don't bother with spare parts unless you can find an exceptional deal (not likely) - it would be like building a car by buying each individual piece and assembling the vehicle. Most people here have bought spare Solos - and at $299, it's the ONLY way to go - period!!

i feel the same way, i bought the solo at bestbuy black friday $350 went to bestbuy and got the price adjustment because it is now $300 and I debated in buying another one just for parts. ebay seems to only have gimbels but that might change

I have 4 Solos - not a record around here. I don't know which, if any, are for parts as I haven't needed any parts yet.

If one were to crash a Solo hard enough to break the shell, that Solo should (and will likely) become a 'parts' Solo as the gimbal and props will likely be trashed, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44