Proud papa in New Orleans

Reaction score
The mailman just brought me my new baby I'm actually treating it like a baby scared to take it out of the backpack don't know where to start I have a laptop that's going to be dedicated just to it I charge the batteries and I'm going to read owners manual but any help would be great

Attachments

• 20171017_145215.jpg
    20171017_145215.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 29
Go slow and use a large open field. Lots of good you tube for the starter outer. Welcome to sololand and have fun.

Go slow and use a large open field. Lots of good you tube for the starter outer. Welcome to sololand and have fun.
that's what I've been doing on YouTube right now I have a gimbal on here but I don't have a GoPro yet is there any secret to taking off the gimbal I don't think I should fly it without the camera in it

Go to your closest school - make sure you are not near any trees, overhead power lines and people. Go out into the middle of the field, if Solo goes into “Return To Home” - you want it to have clear room to land. Have yourself a good time! Oh yeah, watch the backstops too!

Your right, take it off. Just loose the 3 screws and lift up from the back about a 1/2" then with a flat screwdriver pop the 2 front corners up. You will see 2 wires, the one to the HDMI make sure to hold the board connector both removing and replacing (VERY Fragile) The other has a small clip that you most hold down, tuck the wires in and go fly.

Reactions: Gumbopete69
GUMBOPETE69!!!!!
$298 from ebay with extra batteries, backpack and the 3DR Gimbal??!!! You made a great purchase!!! Enjoy your Solo- get the leg extenders- they will allow the Solo to land without the gimbal coming in contact with the ground. BE CAREFUL AND PROTECT YOUR GIMBAL!!!

$298 for Solo, backpack, gimbal AND extra battery? That's one heck of a deal you got there. Enjoy

For some reason my phone will not connect to the the WiFi on the controller it says wrong password could I need to update the software

Be patient Pete- a lot of these guys are spread all over the world- you will get all of the answers to all of your questions- I am no expert, and I don’t want to give you bad information. I believe these guys may direct you to the Open Solo platform- but wait for some more intelligent drone advice from the guys who know what they are doing. Be patient. It may take a couple hours. It’s dark anyway; so just look at it and smile.

And when you get some free time- throw your gumbo recipe on here so we can see you’re legit!! lol

Thanks usmc86 I figured out I had to reset the controller so that I could use the factory password now the controllable we'll link up but it says waiting for drone or vehicle but I also heard that resetting the Drone could cause serious damage so like you said I'm going to wait for some advice but it's killing me and yes it's dark so I know I can't fly it today but man is she a nice piece of machinery thanks for all your help so far and encouragement

GumboPete69-
The guys on this forum are really gonna floor you then. They have developed Open Solo that allows you to cut any strings that restrict you to just 3DR. As you probably already know, 3DR went belly up so no additional software for Solo will be coming from 3DR. But the genius’ on this forum have developed Open Solo that provides you more tools to safely enjoy your drone. When time allows you, look at some of the past threads- Search Open Solo, there will be explanations describing how it benefits you, consider purchasing Solex- it is always a step ahead- ask questions- these guys will guide you through the b.s. and help you navigate excellence from junk.

Thanks again USMC86 all help is appreciated and remembered and I promise I'll get you some gumbo somehow or another

Just that secret family recipe- I’d like to try and make a batch- last time I tried it , Couple guys in my unit from Louisiana whipped up a pot! Good eats and awesome company.

Hey Pete-
Pretty sure today will be your voyage flight- your Solo is pretty easy to handle- learn ( eventually ) to fly in manual mode; it will save you if any problems arise. Also remember that when you lose signal or push “ return to home “ your Solo will elevate to about 50 feet then return to where you launched. If you are flying higher than 50’- it will maintain THAT elevation and return to launching point. I say this because some people were near trees and their Solo ended up in the branches.
CLEAR- OPEN-FIELD!! And you will be fine and have a blast!!!! You will be surprised but how fast that half hour will go with two batteries!!!! Ask Santa for a couple more!!

Pete, you will have to update the software on both the solo & controller, but before you try "pair" the two. It's in the manual and easy.

Thanks usmc86 I figured out I had to reset the controller so that I could use the factory password now the controllable we'll link up but it says waiting for drone or vehicle but I also heard that resetting the Drone could cause serious damage so like you said I'm going to wait for some advice but it's killing me and yes it's dark so I know I can't fly it today but man is she a nice piece of machinery thanks for all your help so far and encouragement
Put the Alpha's on the controller, it's worth it. Fly slow and steady until you get the feel for your drone, but you're right, do not fly it with the gimbal on without a camera in there, not good for the gimbal. Make sure that you designate the "A" button to fly "manual". Pressing "fly" is NOT manual mode (I've seen posts by newbies who thought it was). Doing a factory reset will not harm your drone, it's only in certain circumstances that it's not a good idea (upgraded to a green cube without loading open solo for instance). There's lots of info on the forums and some of them deal with "worthwhile upgrades" to purchase. Still, get a camera as soon as possible, it's what makes it all worthwhile.

If you're flying out in the open with no tree's or buildings around, you should maintain a good GPS signal, but just be aware of your surroundings at all time and practice landing in manual mode (the autoland on the stock software wasn't always the best).

Good luck flying and enjoy!

Last edited:
Put the Alpha's on the controller, it's worth it. Fly slow and steady until you get the feel for your drone, but your right, do not fly it with the gimbal on without a camera in there, not good for the gimbal. Make sure that you designate the "A" button to fly "manual". Pressing "fly" is NOT manual mode (I've seen posts by newbies who thought it was). Doing a factory reset will not harm your drone, it's only in certain circumstances that it's not a good idea (upgraded to a green cube without loading open solo for instance). There's lots of info on the forums and some of them deal with "worthwhile upgrades" to purchase. Still, get a camera as soon as possible, it's what makes it all worthwhile.

If you're flying out in the open with no tree's or buildings around, you should maintain a good GPS signal, but just be aware of your surroundings at all time and practice landing in manual mode (the autoland on the stock software wasn't always the best).

Good luck flying and enjoy!
Thank you very much for the info and encouragement this thing is the shit it is amazing I don't know what else to say

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso