Prop Balancer?

I don't think the aluminum hubs themselves are out of balance.

But the blades on the Solo are wide enough near the hub that a difference in plastic density either in the blade itself, or in the plastic portion of the hub can both combine to cause an imbalance.

So perhaps sanding the wide part of the heavier blade will help. People do need to be careful with sanding the hub itself so as not to cause to weaken too much.

It's the rod, not the hub. The rod is not perfectly straight. It's happened to me.
Personally I have never balanced a prop, but looking at the implements for the process - the rod. Are they marked in some way to indicated a common imbalance point, like as described - bent rod. The test is only as good as the tools used to perform the test. Just talking out loud.....

Thanks.
I no longer have a balancer/accelerometer so I'll try to borrow one to see how many Gs my static balancing provides. This might be a few weeks/months but is an interesting point. After all we don't like the camera jittering and I received my Duro-sheet yesterday

What is the purpose of Duro-sheet in prop balancing?

I really hope you don't end up purchasing that stolen copy that the Chinese are selling. It's obvious they 100% stole/copied Dubros work.

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44