Production #2 and a question...

J R

Reaction score
I had to get out this morning in sub-freezing temps to get "A frosty morning on the prairie" with the Solo. I think it came off okay but I can't seem to get good stabilization. I tried Power Director 14 and Prodrenalen but the quality seemed pretty degraded so I left it unstabilized. What do you guys use for stabilization?

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

prodrynilin here, since I have a moded lens make sure lens profile is left on select profile

Reactions: J R
prodrynilin here, since I have a moded lens make sure lens profile is left on select profile

Pyrate,

Yeah, I tried it that way. In some areas it actually seemed to make it worse, in others better. I do think the overall quality suffered. Maybe I'll have to try it again. Thanks for the reply!

Jerry

I use ProDrenalin. I use Power Director 13 for everything else and I believe ProDrenalin beats the pants off PD for stabilization and fish eye removal.
The video looks pretty good as is- people outside this forum would never notice any problems.

I know cold affects battery performance- I wonder if it affects Solo/gimbal/GoPro performance?

I use ProDrenalin. I use Power Director 13 for everything else and I believe ProDrenalin beats the pants off PD for stabilization and fish eye removal.
The video looks pretty good as is- people outside this forum would never notice any problems.

I know cold affects battery performance- I wonder if it affects Solo/gimbal/GoPro performance?

Thanks Dog!

Jerry

pretty boring until about 2:26 this was me trying to get follow me to work with the 4.4 on the new firmware
there were a couple vibrations that you had to look for, but this was ran through prodad

pretty boring until about 2:26 this was me trying to get follow me to work with the 4.4

Pyrate,

Looks pretty damned steady. The Prodad did steady things a bit for me but it seemed to take away some of the crispness. I can't really tell how yours looks because I'm on my iPad. I'll have to take a look when I can get on my computer.

Jerry

yeah I am pretty happy with mine at this point.
follow me still does not work but that is not a deal breaker for me
that was pre 1.3 app
So my tinkering days are over. working on a 4.4 mm profile for the folks over at prodad
will be cool to have a custom lens profile for my setup in the options.

I had to get out this morning in sub-freezing temps to get "A frosty morning on the prairie" with the Solo. I think it came off okay but I can't seem to get good stabilization. I tried Power Director 14 and Prodrenalen but the quality seemed pretty degraded so I left it unstabilized. What do you guys use for stabilization?

Jerry

I don't know Jerry, that looks pretty damn good to me. Keep em coming. One of thes days I will get the hang of this aireal photography thing and start posting vids.

Pyrate, Maddog or anyone else,

I ran four of my clips (2.7k 60fps) from yesterday, the ones I used to make this movie, through ProDad. It took several hours. I didn't select a profile. Just brightened the clips up a bit. Everything turned out choppy, not nearly as good as the originals. The clips it produced are unusable. Any ideas?

Jerry

Jerry, that's a long time for ProDrenalin! Maybe you need more processing power. (A faster CPU sped up my render times enormously).
Did you select the correct camera?
How does 1080 footage look?
Has it ever worked well with 2.7K? (I know it supports 2.7 and 4K)
If so, did you use different settings this time?
Import a video into it and have it stabilize only about 10 seconds of it.
That should take less than a minute. If it takes a lot longer something is probably wrong software-wise. Maybe you need to uninstall & reinstall the program.

Also, don't use any of the video FX presets.

Jerry, that's a long time for ProDrenalin! Maybe you need more processing power. (A faster CPU sped up my render times enormously).
Did you select the correct camera?
How does 1080 footage look?
Has it ever worked well with 2.7K? (I know it supports 2.7 and 4K)
If so, did you use different settings this time?
Import a video into it and have it stabilize only about 10 seconds of it.
That should take less than a minute. If it takes a lot longer something is probably wrong software-wise. Maybe you need to uninstall & reinstall the program.

Also, don't use any of the video FX presets.

Thanks, Maddog. Intel i7 Quad core, 16Gb Ram, SSD's. Fairly fast on other tasks. Don't think its a CPU or hardware issue. The clips were all 12-15 minutes each. Not removing fisheye so I didn't select a camera profile. Got the modded Peau lens. First time I used it to stabilize. Used to use it with my P2 to remove fisheye only. Haven't tried 1080p. I wanted to keep the video as virgin as possible to do some further processing in Power Director. No presets. Thanks for the info.

Jerry

Thanks, Maddog. Intel i7 Quad core, 16Gb Ram, SSD's. Fairly fast on other tasks. Don't think its a CPU or hardware issue. The clips were all 12-15 minutes each. Not removing fisheye so I didn't select a camera profile. Got the modded Peau lens. First time I used it to stabilize. Used to use it with my P2 to remove fisheye only. Haven't tried 1080p. I wanted to keep the video as virgin as possible to do some further processing in Power Director. No presets. Thanks for the info.

Jerry
Well, I see why it took so long- you processed almost 60 minutes of video to get 2:27 finished. When in ProDrenalin, I will review the footage and only stabilize what I think I am going to use and import that to Power Director 13.

I think the quality is related to your Peau lens. I would still select a camera as it may affect how the stabilization is done. Try selecting "gopro 4" wide, medium, whatever and see what happens. If its still bad, try generic gopro.

Or, call or email ProDad. I've talked to the guy there on the phone and he's very helpful.

Also, does Power Director 14 do fisheye removal? If so, is it as good as ProDrenalin? If you're going to remove it I think I would do it in ProDrenalin as it only takes a second and it may affect the stabilization process- maybe not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150