Pixhawk

Reaction score
Can anyone offer help with 3dr pixhawk, is it possible to program "follow me and or orbit modes"? I have spektrum dx8 with spektrum electronics.

Can't exactly do orbit modes. That is why Smart Shots are so amazing on the Solo.
MP can be used to set up orbit points around a geo location, and you can use a " point of interest" to have the camera stare at a fixed point as the aircraft flies around, but nearly as smooth as Smart Shots.
Yes, MP has a follow-me mode, but not as easy to use. You will need a GPS dongle for your laptop.
Download MP and play with it. Also lots of YouTube videos out there.

Thanks for reply. I have several custom big hex's running 3dr pixhawk and sure do appreciate solo's capabilities. I will look into it. Thanks

Josh,

It will never be as precise as an autopilot mode like Smart Shots, but practice doing manual orbits.

Your fingers and muscles will quickly learn what type of deflection you need to execute a great orbit.

For me, I deliberately have some "throw away" material at the beginning of my manual orbit - it takes just a few seconds to get the yaw motion just right both on my Solo and Pixhawk Y6.

I like the manual orbit a lot for action shooting - your subject and it's actions will not wait for you to set up an orbit. So to be confident you can execute a quality orbit on the fly manual, valuable skill.

As do follow me, yeah. Can't touch that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks